Thread: Unable to change the visual effects settings in Windows 7 64-bit

Unable to change the visual effects settings in Windows 7 64-bit

I have recently installed windows 7 64 Bit on my system and it is doing well. I am using the Dell vostro 1014 laptop from last few months and have no issues regarding it. Everything is going well but the only problem faced by me is that i can save the settings changed in the visual settings. I was frustrated with the animated effect when any window was minimized and maximize. So I have unchecked the "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" option in the visual effects option from the advanced settings. After changing the settings I have saved and for that time everything goes well. But when I start my system for the next time that is in the next login the settings have to again set to as default and the same issue again arises.

Re: Unable to change the visual effects settings in Windows 7 64-bit

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you haven't save the settings proper. It happens if you make any changes in the settings and the settings are not saved then it will be automatically bring it on the default one when you log in for the next time. So what you have to do here is that just open the advance settings options do the possible changes you want and after that you have to click on the apply button which will apply the settings on the system and then click OK. Follow this procedure i guess it will help you to save the settings permanently. I am sure that it will be resolving your problem.

I think you are getting this problem due to the account through which you are making these changes. It may have happen that you have no rights to change the settings as you are not the admin. I mean to say that if your system is used by anyone else and that person is the administrator then he only has the rights to change the settings of the system. And that is the reason why you are not able to save the settings that you have changed. Now do one thing try the login as a admin and then see what happens whether it allows you to change the setting or no. I think if you will log in as the admin then you can easily change it.

I was also facing the similar kind of problem a few days ago and was not able to save the possible settings changed. And I think you are also going through the same phase and to solve this problem what you have to do is just turn the UAC on or off. I mean to say the if you are doing this with a user account the turn off the user account control and if without an account then turn on the user account control. And then try and save the settings you want. This will definitely help you to solve the problem faced by you.

Well the only way to get rid of this problem is to create a new user account. Creating a new user account will give you a fresh access over the system and you will definitely able to change the settings and also can save them as you login with that user account. To do this you have to first open the User Accounts and you will find the same by clicking on the on the start button and then selecting the control panel option after that opening the User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts. In that you will find the Manage another account option then it will ask you for the Id and password just try and enter the admin id and password. Then click create new account option and fill all the details and you are ready with a new account of your own.

Thank you for the vital suggestions from all of you. I have also troubleshooted the same problem and found that I am not able to change the settings due to the user account only. And for that I have tried to solve the same by creating a new account but the system is not letting me to to the same. I don’t know why it is doing so but whenever I am trying to create a new account it is giving me an error saying that “you don’t have right permissions to do so”. I am not able to understand the kind of error I am getting please help me to solve the same and also let me to get rid of the problem.