Thread: Need help reformatting Sony VAIO with Windows 7 recovery disk

Need help reformatting Sony VAIO with Windows 7 recovery disk

My Sony Vaio laptop recently got infected with a virus and I have to reformat my laptop. I have no option other than this and so I am looking for the ways to resolve this as soon as possible. However I don't have Windows 7 disk to perform the re-installation process. This is the reason why I am forced to use the recovery disk which I have made during my first installation. But I don't know how to reformat the laptop with the help of this recovery disk. I have never done that in my life and so I need your help. Can you help me how to use this recovery disk to reformat my Sony Vaio laptop and get Windows 7 back?

Re: Need help reformatting Sony VAIO with Windows 7 recovery disk

I think you must have not tried to use the recovery disk. I suggest you to try it out and see if you can perform the installation of Windows 7 with the help of the recovery disk. If you find any difficulty during the installation you can ask here for the help. In general, you do not have to involve much since you are using the recovery disk and not the actual installation disk. The recovery disk just have the necessary files which must be reinstalled once again on your computer. Simply insert the disk and follow the wizard. The wizard is very simple and easy to use.

I am not a computer savvy and so I hesitate to test it on my own. Are you sure the interface of the recovery disk is so simple that even a person like me can use it for reformatting my Sony VAIO laptop? Actually I have also done installation from Windows disk and never tried the same with a recovery disk and so I am not sure how to move. Moreover, I can call up the computer guy to do this but I think that's simply waste of money for this kind of operation. I don't think spending money on such a small task is a wise idea. Moreover, it involves waste of time also. I hope I am right and this do makes sense to you.

If you are having the problem of virus infection, then why you are reformatting your computer. Although this is considered to be the last option to get rid of the infection but there are still some options which you can try out. The first and foremost is that you can run a scanning of your computer with an up-to-date antivirus and see if you find any infection. You can even MalwareBytes which is the most well-known malware removal application to resolve this kind of problem. If that doesn't work then you can also reboot your computer is Safe mode and then see if you have any virus activity found. If there is then perform the same scanning of antivirus software in Safe mode itself.

Reboot your computer after inserting the recovery disk into your disk drive. Your computer, now, should start from the recovery disk. Choose the necessary option to recover the computer without formatting the hard drive. You can select this option first if you do not want to lose your important data present on your hard drive. The recovery process will start. You may be asked some questions, which appears once the recovery process has been completed, that you need to answer. Once you are done, the computer will restart automatically and then you have to make the necessary basic changes in the computer which includes date, time, personal information and other such details.