Thread: How to get a USB to Serial cable installed on Windows 7

How to get a USB to Serial cable installed on Windows 7

I am attempting on the way to get a USB to Serial cable installed on Windows 7. Radio Shack Model is 26-949. The cable functions well inside XP. I have attempt Radio Shack and FTDI as well as Prolific drivers, however to no advantage. at what time I attempt on the way to load the drivers, it does not identify the device. at what time I plug in the device, as an alternative of computing up at the same time as a COM port, it shows up as "Other Device \ USB-Serial Controller". I have totally restored Windows re-formatted hdd as well as installed Windows; however not any of the drivers I have found will work by means of Windows 7.If you have any suggestion regarding to this please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to get a USB to Serial cable installed on Windows 7

Sorry however no such luck. It at a standstill decline to install, the process you laid out is accurately what I have been performing, apart from for the uninstalling in the device manager as well as restarting.It uninstalls at the same time as declared however persist on uninstalling on the next command, it will not illustrate “install” now “uninstall” as well as for that reason complete a second uninstallation. I have constantly challenged this with no success.I visualize the process you have stated, is the similar for my setup windows7 on IE8. I estimate I may possibly have a trouble by means of my machine subsequent to all, even though everything else appear to work, even subsequent to all the dissimilar drivers I had to download for windows 7.

I was using Windows 7 64-bit at what time I post this. I have from the time when upgraded on the way to Windows 7 Professional. Unluckily, MX-MART does not offer 64-bit symbol drivers for this adapter. You be able to temporarily revolve off 64-bit driver enforcement by inflowing the subsequent commands into a command prompt run as Administrator:

bcdedit.exe : put load options DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit.exe : put TESTSIGNING ON

Restart as well as you should be capable of how to make use of the 64-bit drivers that are incorporated in the exceeding file. You may possibly as well have to sign them using the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider tool.

I also have the similar trouble here two USB to serial adapters ARCMIRCO plus BELKIN. Neither will Run inside WINODWS 7 64 BIT. I as well encompass a PROLIFIC USB on the way to sequential Runs like a champion. As a result at what time it is time on the way to obtain a new one.

I buy a USB to Serial cable by means of the Prolific 2303 chipset as well as was having a hard time discovering a device driver designed for my Windows 7 64 Bit system. Subsequent to scouring the prolific website for the newest driver as well as not coming up by means of one that functioned (even though their certification whispered it be supposed to), I found a posting that recommended I download the driver win_drivers.zip . I had to uninstall my earlier drivers previous to I ran the install program in this zip file, however subsequent to I did the drivers accepted the device right away.

I had the similar trouble. I detached the prolific driver as a result of running the prolific install program once more. After that, I open the Device Manager as well as plugged in the cable in every USB port. At what time the device come into view in the list by means of the "!" icon, I right clicked plus selected uninstall. I did this for each and every one four ports on top of my laptop Acer 5610Z. After that I detached the cable as well as ran the install for the CH341SER. Next, I plug the cable into the USB port as well as it worked.