Thread: After emptying trash recycle bin icon disappears on windows 7

After emptying trash recycle bin icon disappears on windows 7

I have computer running on windows 7 operating system. The problem with I am experiencing is that, when I deleted all the items from the trash, then the recycle bin icon disappeared from my desktop. When I again try to put the shortcut there, then the same area still gets highlighted. I am not making use of any custom icon on my computer, but making the use of default icon. Can anyone there help me with this issue? Thanks.

Re: After emptying trash recycle bin icon disappears on windows 7

Try to go through the solution which I am providing here. First of all you have to right click on the desktop, and then you have to choose the Screen Resolution. After that try to select the advanced settings option. Now try to select the Monitor tab and then go to color option. Here in this option you will have to select the 16 bit and then press on OK. Now restart the machine and see if the problem exists or not.

I have a nice solution for this problem. I will advise you to make the use of Disk Cleanup Utility for cleaning the thumbnail cache. I am providing you the method to do that. Go to start and in the search box you have to type the text “cleanmgr”, then press the enter key. You will get a list from which you have to select the system drive letter. There you have to uncheck all the entries leaving the Thumbnails. Once you do that now press OK. I think that after going through this fix you will be able to solve your problem.

First I was facing the same problem on my computer. In my case I have solve the problem by press the F5 key and refreshing the computer. But after doing that the problem of recycle bin was solved out, but now I am facing some different problem. My screen keeps on flashing every now and then. Does anyone there have some idea related with this issue? It is really not allowing me to do any work. Please do help.

As you have mentioned that now you are facing the problem of flashing screen. I think the problem which you are facing might be related with the graphic card driver. So I will advise you to update your graphic card driver with the latest one. If this solution did not make any difference in your problem, my advice would be to reinstall the driver. I think that after trying this fix you will definitely be able to overcome your problem of flashing screen.