Thread: Windows 7 is unable to recognize .themepack files

Windows 7 is unable to recognize .themepack files

I am running windows 7 on my computer and I have recently installed Microsoft several .themepack files from the internet. The files which I have downloaded are not being recognized by my system, this because when I click on the file they do not get opened up and installed. So what should I do now in order to solve this particular issue? Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Windows 7 is unable to recognize .themepack files

I will like to provide you one solution for this problem. You will require to pres the windows key + the R key. Then you will have to type the text “regedit” there and then pres on OK. After doing that you will now have to navigate through the path which I am providing here- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.themepack. After going to this path you will have to make sure that there must be UserChoice key. So try it out and reply me back.

Thanks for the instance reply. I have referred your solution and have tried it on my machine. After navigating through the path which you have mentioned there. In that folder I was able to find the user choice sub folder. So what should I do after getting this I folder there. I once again need your help on this topic. As you have told me to reply back, so I am replying you back with this post. Do help me out and thanks for the help.

You will have to just right click on the userchoice folder and there you will find the option to delete it. So you just have to delete it and after that restart you computer and now try to install the .themepack files on your machine. I hope that this time you will be able to install it. I know this solution because I have also used the same solution on my computer.

I will advice you some fixes, so you can try it out. You can try to check and repair the integrity error in your system. For doing this you have to right click on the command prompt and run it as admin. After that you have to type “sfc /scannow” there and press enter. You can also try to run it on new account, to check whether there is problem in your account or not.

Once again thanks for the reply. After you recommendation I have now deleted the userchoice folder. After doing this when i tried to install my. themepack files on my windows 7 machine, then it successfully get installed. I am not facing any display issue after installing the theme. So it was a great help. Without your support I would have not been able to solve my problem.