Thread: How to stop the “Stop Error screen”?

How to stop the “Stop Error screen”?

Hello friends, I am using the Sony Laptop upgraded with the Windows Vista on it. I am having the problem with the laptop gateway. I get the error message that the problem is been detected and Windows will shut down automatically to prevent it from the damage to the computer. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME
    STOP
    0X000000ED (0X785216D8, 0XC0000100, 0X00000010, 0X00000000)

After that it tells me whether it is your first time reboot. And then rebooted the system. Now - I had plugged in my external drive to move pictures and songs for backup, and clean up my PC because I was very low on space. When I started it with the external plugged in, I got the same error as above. So I then decided to unplugged the external drive and reboot it. Now I keep getting the same error. I tried safe mode and still the error is coming up. Please help what can I do now?

Re: How to stop the “Stop Error screen”?

Try to leave the external drive unplugged from the system. If you boot up then try to do this. Do the right click on the Drive in Windows Explorer and then select the properties. Now on the tab of the tools you will be getting the error checking. This tool will check your hard drive for errors and it will try the. Attempt to repair them. For some time it will get stuck, finish it and report back the result. Also this problem may occur due to some problem such as: your registry may also get corrupted, also yours system file might be missing or damaged; also device driver file might be missing or damaged.

The easy and fast way to recover this issue is to download and install the registry cleaner software. The functionality of this registry cleaner is to remove the errors from your record. This record will provide you the functions which stores all the information about the drivers, hardware and software applications that is being installed on to your system. It can get worse, because of the some entries may be not deleted and this may lead to the blue screen of death that is the stop screen. So by using the registry cleaner the blue screen error can be eliminated and also it can increase the speed of your computer system in the process. Also keep in mind that do regular check and care of your computer to eliminate the blue screen or the Stop error
    Last edited by Enriqueta; 03-12-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Try to perform this activity to stop the stop screen error:
    • Remove and configure the system with the newly installed hard drive controller.
    • Verify that your SCSI chain is being properly terminated, if you are using the SCSI hard drive on to your computer system, then incorrect SCSI termination is been known to create the STOP error.
    • Do verify that yours hard drive is been installed and configured properly, because the improper installed hard drive also create the STOP errors and many other kind of the issue.
    • Also san your system for the virus because most of the virus can infect the Master Boot Record or the Boot Sector that can cause the STOP error.
    • Execute the chkdsk on to your hard drive; if your boot volume is corrupted then chkdsk command helps you to repair such kind of corruption

This kind of the error may exist due to some kind of the software or the hardware problem. when the program stops working windows check for the solution even if the solution is not found when the problem is occurred. Try to follow these steps:
    1. First click on to the Start Menu on the Window, in that select the control panel, in the control panel click on to the Problem Report and the Solution.
    2. In the Problem Report and the Solution, go in the Task pane which is located on the upper left side of the window and click for the new solution. Windows will now check for the solution to the related problem. it will take some time to process.
    3. If you get the message that shows that No new solution found then click the close. And if you find the solution, install the solution or the information about the issue.
    If this steps helps you to resolve the issue then it is well and good and if these steps did not solve the issue then make sure that your system has the Latest Window updates.