Thread: Unable to delete folder after merging partitions

Unable to delete folder after merging partitions

Later than a Disk to Disk copy, I had a few unallocated spaces out of which I shaped a novel divider or partition afterward complex it. Partition Magic made a file out of it. It is an empty folder that cannot be removed from whichever startup floppy or Knoppix. I attempted Unlocker, immobile cannot remove it. I can shift the folder around the similar partition but not somewhere else.

Re: Unable to delete folder after merging partitions

You should have read extra carefully. Neither Linux nor DOS have System Volume Information, so I am uncertain. One way is probable but a bit severe: primary run a chkdsk utility, after that a disked it, the curse editor of Norton utilities type of program in the index this file or directory is and alter the first letter of the name in the directory to E5h that is hexadecimal. After that run chkdsk utility on the drive once more. It will discover countless misplaced sectors but the directory is disappeared.

Well I have a double boot XP or Me. Neither will permit removal of the directory only similar boot floppy and Linux CD will not but I be able to make use or rename the folder and shift it inside the similar partition which is a 190 GB partition on a 500 GB drive the additional partition being 190 GB. I can erase it to recycle bin where it can modify its name while I attempt to wash out garbage contents but still stay there. I know many regarding my personal Windows troubles if I do say so myself so this problem is of exacting interest. I would like to know what qualities this folder has to not permit anything to erase it. Attribute Changer software discloses that its qualities cannot be distorted. I would like to locate out how a folder can be place to be undeletable. I will uncomplainingly stay for the man to come back to this thread and if redduc900 does not be familiar with it. I would not akin to to obliterate the folder just up till now.

All those programs were blast down. Unlocker 1.8.5 which I regularly make use of for these troubles could not erase the folder even on subsequently boot, I imagine for the similar cause it cannot be removed from a startup floppy or Linux. So just check this: Partition Magic shaped this blank folder as it all the time does while a minor partition is merged with a larger one. This folder is typically simply deleteable while shaped by Partition Magic. Hard drive is a 500 GB Seagate come apart into two partitions: 190GB & 195GB. It is fascinating to say the least, that a folder can be shaped that opposes removal efforts even by unusual means I am well-known with from earlier than. This is why I would like to not obliterate the folder up till now.