Thread: Apple Operating System on Disc

Apple Operating System on Disc

Latest Apple computers can run Microsoft Windows. Apple offers in what comes into view to be Apple formats, updates to a variety of firmware for their computers. It becomes visible the firmware updates from Apple cannot be functional from DOS or a Microsoft Windows surroundings. It would be fairly infuriating having to install an Apple operating system only to update the firmware. Does a description of an Apple OS survives that can be run from an optical disc?

Re: Apple Operating System on Disc

I really don't know of any OS X live bootable disc obtainable, one where you would obtain a working Finder, which sounds like what you are appearing for. I have not perceives Apple utilize a disc like that since the classic MacOs installer CDs that came with older Macs. But you can setup OS X onto a USB flash drive or exterior hard drive and after that make use of that to boot into OS X to do your firmware update. Hold down the alternative key later than the Mac's startup sound and you will be specified options to boot off of outwardly attached storage devices.

Linux has a sharing called "Knoppix" which can run from a disc. Microsoft Windows Pre-installation Environment Microsoft and Windows XP entrenched are Microsoft Windows distributions that can run from disc. I required expressive if a version of an Apple operating system, or additional operating system that can run Apple specific files existed. An instance of an Apple firmware update is: Mac mini EFI Firmware Update 1.2. The instance demonstrates System necessities to be "Mac OS X 10.5.7 or soon". It may be unwanted to install an Apple operating system only to update a firmware. The problem at this point in pertains to what can be completed to install an Apple firmware with no installing the Apple operating system on an Apple computer. The resolution I had thought regarding was to boot to an Apple operating system on disc that is Graphical user Interface (GUI) may not be required to flash Apple firmware.

Yes it should effort very well. The just trouble I can observe at the moment is if you attempted to boot up an older non Intel Mac with it, if the exterior drive has Snow Leopard setup it will just boot Intel Macs. The retail setup disc of Leopard should be able to setup a worldwide installation well-matched with both types of Macs, but I am not certain about that, it might do it especially to the type of Mac you have while you setup onto the drive. If it is only Intel Macs you are functioning with there should not be a problem with it.

Firmware updates necessitate the 200MB EFI partition on the root of the hard disk, so be certain you did not remove that while you setup Windows. If you removed each partition and formatted the complete disc as single partition then it is left. Assuming the system partition is present, placing a modest OS X setup on a flash drive partition, or exterior Hard Drive will be sufficient. While I have to do a large number of Mac associated OS upgrades or repairs, I will throw the entire installer Disc or a completely working setup of OS X on an 8 GB flash drive. If it is left, you will moreover have to redo it which occupies repartitioning the first 200 MB to its individual partition, formatting it, and altering the UUID or duplicate your Hard Drive to an additional drive, reformat the drive from an Apple startup disc as a GUID setup that will place the 200 MB partition reverse and reformat or duplicate your data back to only the non EFI partition.

OS X Live CDs or DVD How Thos existed in investigational form for 10.1 or 10.2 care of duplicate Cloner that is IIRC but did not work fine. Freshly it is been completed with 10.5 and 10.6 on Hackintoshes and I visualize the similar procedures, fewer their boot loaders and texts, will work just excellent on a genuine Mac. Technically the OS X installer is a Live CD, as are bootable antivirus and Hard Drive fix tools for OS X, they only hardly ever provide you a finder. Tech Tool Pro might but it is been an extensive time since I utilized it. So clearly there is no cause why it would not work. Impractical things like exchange files, logs, and so on would necessitate be immobilizing or throwing onto a RAM disk.