Thread: Ubuntu changes clock on Windows 7

Ubuntu changes clock on Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 operating system on my machine and I was willing to install an Ubuntu on this machine. I used the WUBI to install the same and successfully install the same but then I noticed that my windows clock was not showing the right time. I adjusted it, But when I again come back to the windows then it was again jumped forward by two hours. It keeps on happening the same way no matter how much time I set the clock to its original time. What could be the problem with my windows ? Is it Ubuntu which might be causing all this?

Re: Ubuntu changes clock on Windows 7

I guess an Ubuntu must be tweaking up something with the CMOS battery due to which the time in your Windows 7 operating system gets changed. I suggest you to pull out the CMOS battery and then put it back at its place which will refresh the clock timing on your windows 7 operating system. I have seen such problem on my windows machine many and believe me, reinstalling the CMOS battery solves this bug of windows.

This could also happen if you have installed any program which syncs up with an internet connection and from where it updates the clock timing of your machine. Now when you boot up with the ubuntu then your windows clock timing might be getting stopped. As soon as you boot up in the windows then windows realizes that the clock timing has something to change. Unfortunately it changes it with the help of software which you have installed but it does mistake by updating two hours more in addition to the real time.

I think there is nothing wrong with the clock timing of your windows machine as it seems to be something wrong with the time settings to me. I suggest you to checkout the time zone selected on your windows machine which might have got changes according to which you have selected on your ubuntu os. Actually if your machine has wrong time zone selected then only it can tweak up the clock by exactly two hours each time. If there would be any other problem then it must not be an exact two hours each time.

Me too having doubt about the time settings. Apart from the windows time settings, It could be the changing from the ubuntu time as well. I suggest you to check that your ubuntu operating system have set the write time or not. If there is anything wrong with an ubuntu time as well then you must make it exactly same as that of windows time settings. Once you have done this then check that your machine changes the current time or not. Still if it has a same problem then I don't have any idea due to which it is not be working properly.