Thread: Looking for Linux Add-ons

Looking for Linux Add-ons

I have install Ubuntu Linux based operating system on my Lenovo laptop and it working well. I have am using many of the program on my machine and I like to get add-ons for on it, to change the feel and look of the programs. But I am facing some trouble to finding good source and good add-ons, so decided to ask you about this. Can anyone tell me which are favorite add-ons you use or you want to try out. Thanks

Re: Looking for Linux Add-ons

If you are a frequently internet user then I will recommend you to use search Ubuntu packages add on for your Firefox browser. These add-ons help you to search Ubutu packages directly from Firefox search box. And I will also recommend you to get Firefox Notify add-on for your Ubuntu through this add on you can get all the notifications of Firefox via Ubuntu native d-bus notification system this add-on works for KDE as well as Gnome environments and can also work on other distro.

I think that you should get TerminalRun add-on on your machine, I think that this is very useful add on for you, using this add-on you can select shell commands and execute them from any web page, it means adding a ppa from web pages is easy, to execute shell commands you just have right click. I think that you should install it; I am using the same on my machine. Here I have given you command for showing the disk space and RAM usage.
    • free -m (show Ram Usage)
    • df -h (show disk space)

I think that Compiz add on will be better for you, using this add on you can enhance interaction by adding different effect to your windows like Desktop Cube and Expo view. You can change you window from drop shadow to amazing desktop effects. It also called as window manager, that mean it is software between your desktop applications and you. Using this you can switch workspace, and also you can switch window easily and so on. I will advise you for changing the look and feel you should download this add-on.