Thread: Catalyst Control Centre conflicts with windows resolution settings

Catalyst Control Centre conflicts with windows resolution settings

I have recently installed windows 7 on my computer and it identifies my gamer card with any trouble. The problem is that, when I start the game with the steam, then the game screen does not fit to the desktop screen. My Catalyst Control Center tried to change the screen resolution, but the difficulty is that windows 7 do not allows it to do that. Every time I try to adjust the screen it remains the same. Can anyone there help me out with this particular problem? Thanks

Re: Catalyst Control Centre conflicts with windows resolution settings

As you are using the steam game, so you will have to make sure that you are having the proper game setting with your game. Have you tried to change the resolution from outside the CCC, if not then try it out? I am providing you a method, so you can go through it and try to solve your problem. First right click on the desktop and go to properties, then to setting and here you will have to change the resolution and click on OK. If here you are not getting the option for higher resolution, then try this out. Go to the advance tab and click on the Monitor tab. Here you have to reduce the refresh rate, if it is more than 60hz. Now you will get the option for the higher resolution. So try it out.

Instead of Catalyst Control Centre you can make the use of the default drivers supplied with Windows 7. I have tried using default drivers before on my computer and it is working fine without any problem. So even you can try this out as it might solve your problem as well. If you are not able to solve you issue even after trying this, then reply me back.

The same problem is even faced by me as well. From the last 5 days I have noticed that my desktop screen is turning out of shape. I have tried to reinstall the Catalyst Control Center software, but doing this is not having any effect to my problem. I have tried the solution of changing the resolution from outside the CCC, but even this is not solving my problem. Please help me with this issue.