Thread: windows Vista: Computer not responding anything for first 15 to 20 Mins after start

windows Vista: Computer not responding anything for first 15 to 20 Mins after start

Using a HP computer from 2 years with windows vista, this was working fine. I installed limited software applications in my machine to prevent future damage in the environment. Recently I encountered a problem in my machine regarding the performance. Whenever I start the machine it keeps not responding mode up to first 15 to 20 minute. After clicking on any application it takes so much time to open this, first of all it comes as the not responding mode and then open the application window, like Microsoft office 2007, outlook 2007, Photoshop etc. I checked in the task manger where I saw that, CPU is working file, it utilizing according to the process. And sometimes I found the CPU in idle mode. I thought the problem is might be for the hard disk drive, and clean up this but it is also not works. What should I do? What is the actual cause of this type problem? Any suggestion on this problem?

Re: windows Vista: Computer not responding anything for first 15 to 20 Mins after start

I had the similar and this type of problem is occurs only for the hard disk drive. If you are using the maximum space of your hard drive, along that the memory space is not enough to support the hard drive. Suppose you are having a 1GB RAM along with 320GB hard drive, and in there up to 300 GB is full, them the machine is runs very slow. So I suggest you to first of all if you are using the maximum space of your hard drive then free some of the spaces in the hard drive. And remove all the toolbar application those installed with some third party software’s, these are also might cause of the problem. Now defrag all the drives, by go to the control panel and there look for defragment also you can defrag each drive by right click on individual drive and then go to the Tool option under the properties window. From there select the Defrag option. Go through this process, I hope these will definitely help you to resolve the issue. Along with that suggest you to full scan your machine with the updated Antivirus software application, before doing anything.

Re: windows Vista: Computer not responding anything for first 15 to 20 Mins after start

I had the similar issue and fix this in a very simple process. The cause of this problem is two, one is the hard disk drive and the other one is operating system. I did few tricks on both the causes, first of all I suggest back up all the program and file from your hard drive into another external storage place, like the external drive or the USB flash drive. And format only the primary drive or the other drive where the operating system is installed, you can also full format of the hard drive if you can able to back-up all the files. In the fresh drive of the partition re-install the operating system, that you installed earlier. You can also do this trick by repair the windows version, by the using of installation disk. For that insert the disk into the drive and from the installation window select the repair option. I did this and now there is no problem, so try with this, it will surely help you.

My Toshiba laptop is recently having the same and this starts happen after upgrade the machine into windows vista. The problem whenever I load the windows it takes a lot time to open the window and not open any application in the first attempt. And if it opens then I am not able to close this one, always need to close the application program from task manager. The mouse is not acting anything in first 10 minute after start machine. And there is another problem, which it also flashes the message that “windows explorer is not responding” and after few minute another massage flashes like “windows explorer restarting”. My friend suggest me that the problem is might be for the graphical interface that I am using. I update the graphic driver, but it does not help me. Is it for the graphics driver or anything else? Suggest me anything to solve this problem.

First of all, are you running all the update files in your machine, like the windows version and along with that the other application those are necessary t run with windows? Make sure that all the software’s and the drivers for hardware are updated and there are compatible with the machine specification, though you mentioned that you upgrade the machine with windows vista and for that, as per my knowledge the driver and some same versions of software’s are not working in nay environment. The version that you were using in the earlier version that will might not be support with this latest windows version. Along with that I suggest you to make disk cleanup process on your hard drive, because if there is any problem in hard drive then by cleaning up this problem will be removed. Go to the device manager under properties of my computer and under the driver look for all the drivers, if these are appears in yellow and in the red color then it means that the drivers which are listed over there are not updated or not supported with the machine environment. So update these with latest version which is compatible with the machine. If the boot in safe mode then remove all the programs those are not needed to run the machine, and also remove all the temporary file and the directory file from machine, because these are also may create these type of issues in the machine.