Thread: Windows 7 is losing all my pinned shortcuts for internet explorer

Windows 7 is losing all my pinned shortcuts for internet explorer

I am running windows 7 on my computer and I am making the use of the pinned" option for my internet explorer in order to quickly navigate to various Network drives. With the help of this option my work becomes faster and it becomes much faster to navigate to the directories. There some problem with my windows 7, it is losing all my pinned shortcuts for my explorer. Is there any one who is facing the same problem or has some solution related with this problem, then please help me out. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7 is losing all my pinned shortcuts for internet explorer

I have referred your problem and will like to ask you few questions. From how much days you are facing this problem on your machine? Is your PC connected with the Domain network? I will advise you to check the missing pinned items in Recycle bin. You can also try to pin the local folders and files on your computer and then try to check whether it is still pinned or not. DO remember to reply me back.

I have solution for this problem. There can be a problem in User Profile due to which you can face this problem. So in order to check whether there is corruption in your User Profile, you will require creating a new user profile. After creating this new profile, now try to check whether the same problem exists or not. If still you are facing the same problem, then I will recommend you to performing a System Restore to the point before the problem were present. I think that this will help you out in solving your problem.

Thanks for the reply. As you have asked me some questions so I will like to answer those. I am making the use of the pinned shortcuts for about 4 months and was not facing any difficulty, but from the last week the problem happened about more than 7 times. So I am facing this problem from last 1 week. Yes even my pc is connected to my network. I have tried to go to the recycle bin I was not able to find any of the lost pinned items. I have provided you all the info which you have asked me. Please do help.

I am facing the same problem with my windows 7. Before I used to lose only my office shortcuts that are pinned to the start menu. But yesterday I have lost all the pinned objects. Even after creating the new profile I am still having the same problem. So basically I am facing two problems i.e. I am losing all the pinned items and my windows 7 are not able to refresh automatically after deleting the items. So I greatly need your help on this problem. Do try to suggest me some solution. Thanks.