Thread: Compaq XP PC runs slow and locks up in between

Compaq XP PC runs slow and locks up in between

I have compact desktop at my home and it is running with windows XP home. The problem in my computer is that, it is running very slow and even it locks in between for a couple of seconds. I don’t have much Idea related with this issue as i am very new to this field of computer, so I need your help. I have just tried the solution of scanning the whole computer with the help of an antivirus, but it is not solving my issue. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Compaq XP PC runs slow and locks up in between

I will advise you to perform the disk cleanup of each and every drive in your computer. You can also make the use of ccleaner software on your machine for cleaning your whole system. I think after trying this solution you will definitely be able to solve your problem. I to try the same solution on my computer whenever I face the same problem and it really help me out in increasing my PC speed.

I have gone through you problem and it is very general problem. In order to solve it out I will suggest you to remove all the unnecessary programs which are being installed on your machine. There might be case that this programs might be consuming your CPU resources, due to which you are facing this problem. I hope this solution which I have suggested you will really help you out. So try it out.

I am to facing the same problem on my computer. I have already tried the solution of disk cleanup and using the ccleaner software, but still getting the same problem. Even the solution of scanning the complete system is not working for me. I have tried almost every everything, but not able to solve the problem. I am really getting frustrated now. So if you have any different suggestion regarding this issue, please help me out. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried your solution of performing the disk cleanup for each drive. After doing this I noticed that there was some improvement in the speed of my computer. I have also removed the unwanted applications from my computers. I think that after trying this fixes, my machine is now working more smoothly and it does not locks any more. Still my system is not 100 % normal but I can manage it now. I will like thank you for your king help.