Thread: Blue screen, System cannot detect hard drive

Blue screen, System cannot detect hard drive

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1525. This is having windows vista home edition installed in that. I was doing some office work on it last night. I needed to go out for some time and so I logged off and when I come back then it was not able to reload the account. I restarted the computer and then it stopped showing me the login screen also. Now I can just see the blue screen with a message that says something about kernel stack and it is not able to detect the hard disk drive. I cannot do anything to solve this as it is not getting stated. Please help me.

Re: Blue screen, System cannot detect hard drive

You can try to start your computer in safe mode. To do that, press F8 key continuously when it is loading the operating system. This will show you various options along with one of the option as safe mode. Select that option with arrow from your keyboard. And press Enter. Go to the restore and restore your computer to previous settings when it was working fine. This will restore all the settings at that point of time. This may solve the issue for you.

OK, you should enter in safe mode and do the following. First of all right click on the computer from the start menu. Select the Properties > Advanced system settings . Under startup and recovery Click the Settings button and from there you have to uncheck Automatically restart. Save the settings and this may solve the problem for you.

You can try the solutions that you know and other solutions that is suggested above and if that all are not helping you then you can go for repairing the Operating system. Insert the OS CD in your optical drive and reboot the system. Select the option for repairing. This will scan the entire system and replace all the files that are corrupted. This will take some time but will do the work. If that is also not helping you then final step would be the clean install of the operating system. Good Luck!!!