Thread: Is Windows XP faster than Windows 7 64 bit?

Is Windows XP faster than Windows 7 64 bit?

I was surfing the Internet and then I found that a topic that was claiming that Windows XP is much faster than Windows 7 64 BIT. I really could not believe this. Is it really true? I had no idea about this and would hence like to have the solution in this case. I do not think that it can be the case. How an older version of the Windows can be better than the newer version. I have heard that the Windows 7 is a huge hit and I was planning to have that on for me. Please let me know if at all this is true and if yes then I think that sticking with the Windows XP will be a better idea to go with. Please come up with the suggestion in this case. Hope that you all will come up with the suggestions soon.

Re: Is Windows XP faster than Windows 7 64 bit?

If you will ask me in reality then let me tell you that I have worked on both the platform of the Windows. Io have worked on the Windows XP and on the Windows 7 and that too 32 bit one. Well on working with that I have seen that Windows XP is much better when it comes on the performance basis but when it comes on the Look basis then I think that Windows 7 will have a better edge on that side and if in all you are going to see then let me tell you that I think that Windows 7 will really win the RACE here. Have the Windows 7 for you and I promise you that you will not be disappointed with this.

Windows 7 for sure is a big hit and on the same basis I would say that it is actually a mix of the earlier versions of the Windows. It is a mixture of the enhance features of the Windows Vista and the Windows XP so it is definitely going to edge out the Windows XP and I think that you should go with the Windows 7 at all cost. Please I have worked on the Windows 7 32 bit and hence I think that you can have that for you. I have not come across the Windows 7 64 bit but I think that it will also serve you in the similar manner. Please let me know if I was correct.

All that have been suggested above is taking into consideration the 32 bit version of the Windows 7 and the things that you have asked for is the 64 bit and let me tell you that the 64 bit version of the Windows 7 is not that appealing and not that faster and reliable and hence will suggest you to go for something else. This is what I can suggest you at the moment and looking at the current scenario that we can see at the moment.

I have not used the Windows 7 64 bit but I do not think that this version of the Windows 7 is a scrap. I think that the reason for this is that the software that support the Windows 7 64 bit versions have not been launched yet and hence you all might be getting the issue. I think that it will be a lot better than the 32 bit version of it and hence will be far far better than the Windows XP. Well you can have a look here at this topic and I think that this can clear the idea from your mind in a much better way: Windows 7 Faster than Windows XP & Windows Vista

I think that neither the Windows 7 32 bit nor the Windows 7 64 bit can beat the Windows XP. On the performance scale I really think that the Windows XP is much much far from the Windows 7. Also in addition to all this if you want to have the Windows 7 on your system then you will be required to have at least 2GB of RAM and for Windows XP I have not seen this restriction. Also regarding the statement that you had mentioned above:
    How an older version of the Windows can be better than the newer version.
    Then please let me tell you that the Windows Vista was after the Windows XP but then also Windows XP was the one that all the users preferred. So it cannot be that the newer version will be better than the previous one.

Win 7 is definitely faster than Win XP. it will take just 20 min to install and less than 25 sec to start. Also there is no waiting time to load all processes like XP takes. In terms of application and games Win 7 runs little bit faster than XP. most importantly I've not faced yet the very famous "Send" "Don't send" error in Win 7.

One problem that you might face in Win 7 (64 bit version only) is compatibility issue with many s/w and games. For some you need to have 64 bit version of the s/w or you may need to install a separate patch mainly for games.

So I'll suggest Win 7 32 bit version.

I have used xp, vista, and windows 7, on about four different computers and labtops. XP is a lot faster. I have wasted hundreds of hours performing as many tweaks as possible (UAC, registry hacks, etc) trying to get the vista and windows 7 to work as fast. This was a waste of time because nothing will help a system which is so radically altered in its fundamentals. There is a fundamental reason by VISTA and Windows 7 are much slower, and that is they use tiltbits and all kinds of checking codes and "internet communications" that prevent piracy of content and subsume user computer control to outside control processes (which can hang forever). Its wastes tons of CPU cycles and also because no one has their act together about how to deal the piracy anyways, it just goes into all kinds of stall modes when it is uncertain what is going on. Very basic things like fast internal file transfers and searches (which should by any quality code take microseconds on modern machines), takes many second or minutes or even hang foreever. Third party software can sometimes help like EVERYTHING, which looks and actually finds (unlike VISTA or 7) all files with a given name. I've tried everything for file transfers, and its still ridiculously slow. XP is much much faster and much less annoying and user hostile. All of the reasons I've read for adapting to vista and 7, as far as I can see are vapid, and have less to do with real security problems than marketing by microsoft and deliberately and artificially making things backwards incompatible. There is nothing broke, and no need to "fix" things...there fixes are just more ways to occupy the computer we bought, invade our privacy with gimmicks and useless updates, and spy. It could be fine in a few years with much faster systems, but the RIAA is still crippling computer systems across the world and made things very inefficient for the rest of us. I doubt if it will really get better though also because the more power microsoft gives these guys and the government (Patriot act), or whoever else feels they have the right to manipulate code outside of our knowledge (silent updates), the more intrusive they are going to be, and waste more of our CPU time and money and destabilize our computer systems. XP was the last of the non-big brother operating systems. Mark my words. Be very careful about upgrading unless you have a very powerful machine, and if you want any kind of control of your computer.