Thread: Windows 7 64 bit it is not recognizing Floppy drive

Windows 7 64 bit it is not recognizing Floppy drive

I have a windows 7 64 bit running on my system on the Intel dual core processor. Initially i was using Vista and recently i have upgraded it with the windows 7, but the thing here is that i am not able to get the access over the floppy drive. I don't know why it is not letting me to do so. I am also having the motherboard which supports the same. Please help me in this case to enable my floppy drive.

Re: Windows 7 64 bit it is not recognizing Floppy drive

It seems to me that there might be issue with the floppy drive that you are using So what you have to do in this case is that just disconnect the floppy drive from the board and the connect it, because there might be a connection issue and reconnecting it will fix the same. Or it may have also happened that the floppy drive is being disabled somehow and reconnecting will solve the issue generated.

I think your Bios need to be updated and if it is not then you are tend to get such issues. And if you are getting the issues again then see to is whether it is not being disabled though the BIOS of yours. What it does is once the Floppy drive is disabled though the BIOS then it will definitely not recognize the floppy disk. So what you have to do here is that just enter in the Bios and then just enable the same. I am sure that after setting it to enable you will be able to solve the problem.

According the floppy disk driver is being corrupted and supporting the operating system. So do one thing just install the appropriate drivers. If you are not able to find the drivers then you can update the same from the device manager. Keep one thing in mind while installing the driver is that they must be compatible with the operating system that you are using.

Well if you will ask me, then I will suggest you that better to use windows Vista only because it is mentioned by you that on vista the floppy drive was doing fine. And the important thing here is that windows 7 don’t have support over the floppy drive. Also I will suggest you not to use the floppy drive as the medium of data transfer because it is not secure and there are lots of alternates available in the market with more secure and more capacity hold data.