Thread: User account is not visible in the welcome screen of windows 7 ?

User account is not visible in the welcome screen of windows 7 ?

I have got a desktop system with Windows 7 operating system installed in it , prior to this I used to use Windows xp, but my brother insisted me to go for windows 7 due to it’s advanced features. As we could create multiple user account , I do not know I can I do the same in the Windows 7 operating system, I would also like to know how can I make the welcome screen similar to the welcome screen of Windows xp , please tell me as I am not getting used to Windows 7 and I want the appearance same as it was in Windows xp ?

Re: User account is not visible in the welcome screen of windows 7 ?

If you ask me Windows 7 is indeed the advanced version of both the Windows xp and Windows Vista, as it provides better access control than that of xp and Vista. Apart from creating more than one profile Windows 7 also provides access the profile over a network on the remote computer. You can create and access that particular account from your pc but provided that no one should have logged on that pc or on the Windows 7 operating system, while another local user are logged in that system.

I will suggest a simple way to create more than one or multiple accounts when you log in, to do it I will ask you to press the Windows key from your key on your keyboard and press the R key along with that, in the console you can type the command ‘secpol’ and then press the enter key. Then after opening the security options you can easily navigate through multiple accounts in your system and thus you can make the look and feel similar to Windows xp.

I am facing the same issue you are facing right now , but the solution you mentioned above must have a special account or a user list which I do not have, I have got one solution , it did not work in mine , check if it works in yours. In the Search box type regedit, there, if you have a special user account then in that type the registry key and you can create the user account and see if it is visible in the list. There you can search for interactive log on , therefore you are requested not to mention your last name there.