Thread: Dynamic Navision 4.0 is not compatible with Windows 7 ?

Dynamic Navision 4.0 is not compatible with Windows 7 ?

I have got a desktop system, I use Windows 7 operating system, if you ask my system’s configuration my computer runs on a AMD phenom @ 3.0 Ghz and has 4GB of RAM, my motherboard is of ASUS and I had bought it a few months back, but since I have downloaded and installed Dynamics Navision 4.0 Client , my system is not working up to the mark , I do not know is it issue with the software itself or the operating system is not compatible with it, please help me if you have any idea about it ?

Re: Dynamic Navision 4.0 is not compatible with Windows 7 ?

I think that the Dynamic Navision 4.0 you have installed in the Windows 7 operating system is really not suiting your operating system at all . It will not match at all unless you install a few necessary patches . I was just researching on this issue and on a website named partner source I found out the exact solution for your issue, it included a set of procedure that you can follow to use the Dynamic Navision which you can use on vista, since all the applications that runs on vista, have no issue with Windows 7. Just remember to install the KB931841 or KB936602 patches from that website.

I do not agree with your statement in which you say that it is not compatible with Windows 7, I have too installed the same version of NAV 4.0 version installed on the Windows 7 platform. Hello my friend if you think it is not compatible with your operating system then I think you have installed it incorrectly or some other version which does not match with the Windows 7 currently installed in your operating system . My suggestion for you is to uninstall the current version and once again look for the correct and compatible version and then install it in your operating system.

I doubt you would have made a big mistake , I think you had a version of the Dynamic Navision installed in your system and in case if had tried to copy the database stored in the previous version to the newly installed version then I think it was not a good idea. You can do this but for that purpose you should use the dataports , if you really want to upgrade it there is an upgrade toolkit available for that purpose.