Thread: No start menu and blank desktop in windows 7 system

No start menu and blank desktop in windows 7 system

Hey guys I am such weird problem that I can’t get figure it out properly. I am running all programs under Microsoft Windows 7 home edition, this system has Intel core 2 Duo processor @3.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB hard drive. My system is running nice but some days ago when I start my computer you know what happened, my system has just blank and start menu just gone from the system, I don’t know what happened to my system. Sometime system start normally but login page from the system has gone means system skip that entire thing, it display the desktop wallpaper but no icons on that and no sign of start menus. Is there is any body that a similar problem, and have some solution about this problem please gives it to me, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: No start menu and blank desktop in windows 7 system

This kind of problem only occur in your system if your computer is affected with the viruses. This virus only execute when your system is starting its boot process, at that time this virus gets mix with this process and doing some damage to the system, for that reason your system is acting like this. To resolve this problem just reinstall new operating system on your computer. I hope after trying this you can get your solution.

---If you can start your system in the safe mode then I can give you the some solution about this problem. When your system takes boot process press F8 function key, you will see safe mode option, just select that option, when you see the desktop just scan your computer, I am sure that after doing this your anti-virus finds so many virus, which cause this error. I am sure that it works on your system.

This is happening not only due to virus, this is happen, if your system has lost the explorer path, if your system has encountered some serious problem, you may see this problem. When you see you desk top, in that hit alt+ctrl+Del key, by which you can see the task manager, in that open the file menu, and try to find explorer file and enter it. You see that your desktop comes suddenly. After doing this first update your anti-virus and scan your computer. I am sure that once when you done this, you might get satisfy and got the proper result.

--- Most of the time this problem you have to face only because of virus, you can simply scan your computer with any system security application means updated anti-virus. If you can’t see anything on your desktop then just use shortcut key which is assigned on your keyboard, by pressing any of the buttons try to open my computer option and run your anti-virus, if it not works then, you have only one option i.e. you have to format your hard drive and reinstall operating system on your computer. From my side I have only this solution; I hope it work on your system.

You know what this type of problem only occur in your system if in any cases shdocvw.dll file has been corrupted due to any reason. This might also happen if scanreg.exe file has been restores a copy of registry which is a copy of previous system registry folder. To fix this problem just start your computer in command prompt, in that write edit system.ini and press enter. After doing this delete winfile.exe file, and press alt+f button, when you finished restart your system, I hope that your system might show you the desktop, when you see then just write command.com in file manager option, you will see file manager option when you start your system. When you done with this operation just write
    “Rundll32 setupwbv.dll, IE5Maintenance "C:\Program Files\InternetExplorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g "C:\WINDOWS\IE Uninstall Log.Txt" ”
    After this just write setup.exe in file menu and click on OK button. Just try this solution I am sure that it will work on your system.

--- If I were at your places, then I will only call any hardware engineer, by which I can get a proper solution to fix this problem. This might happen with you if your external DVD writer gets damaged or has been lost the contact with your system port. If the cable which is connected one side to computer and another to writer might get burned due to technical reason, you have to suffer from this kind of problem. The best that you have i.e. if your DVD writer has warranty, then just replaced it or you can buy new one for your use. I have only this suggestion because I have suffered from this problem.