Thread: Screensaver does not appear after login ?

Screensaver does not appear after login ?

I have got a desktop system , I use Windows Vista operating system, along with that my system has a dual core processor from intel, 320GB of hard disk space and 22GB of RAM chop installed on the motherboard . I bought my system around one and half years back , but I am facing some problems with my system during login. I remember very well that I had saved a screen saver but it does not appear after login , the mouse pointer shows the wait symbol, i.e the the system goes in a wait state and then nothing happens. I do not understand why my system is behaving in in such odd manner ? Can anyone help me in fixing this ?
    Last edited by Tufan; 02-12-2010 at 02:17 AM.

Re: Screensaver does not appear after login ?

You said your screensaver does not turn up when it actually should, you have not mentioned whether the system boots completely or not . If your system boots completely then I can suggest you one way, you can create 4 strings of commands. But before that go to control panel, then go to DEFAULT and then to users , there you will find Hkey . In that file set ScreenSaveActive as 1 , after that set its security option as 0 , set the timeout as 60 in the same folder. Also tell me did you made any changes in your system recently.Try the given step and tell me if you face any issue regarding this setting then please post your doubts back, I will be very glad to reply you back .

No my friend I have not made any big changes in my system and I tried the steps that you had suggested me, but it did not work, but it least I pointed out what can be the possible error. I thought there might be some issues with the basic operating system drivers , so I reinstalled the drivers from the resource cd and later it popped up with an error message saying it ‘Direct 3D 9.0 are missing from the system ? Now you have got the nature of the issue , so can you please suggest me what steps can possibly resolve my issue ?

Well in that case I would recommend you to run a test using System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) which will help you in troubleshooting system files which are either missing or have been corrupted on the operating system. After running the test if you find that a certain file are missing or have been corrupted such as a Windows Resource Protection or you can say WRP file, the operating system will behave abnormally . This tool will help you to find those files or repair it if they are damaged .