Thread: Item not found or not available error message on windows 7

Item not found or not available error message on windows 7

I am so much confuse to solve me weird problem, I want to solve this problem, anyhow. I have desktop computer that simply runs under Microsoft windows 7 operating system, that has Intel core 2 Duo processor @2.9GHz, 500GB hard drive and 512MB GeForce Graphic card, this all thing working well but don’t know why from too many days this system causing me some problem. I got some error message that something about that this location or the item that I have selected is not located means has lost the path. This error occurs when system goes to the desktop screen; it says location is not available. I will tell you what actually error say
    “Item might be on hard drive or on a network. C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop location is unavailable, first check that you have insert the disk properly on not and then attempt again.”
    Sometime this error changed the desktop theme to classic theme. Do you have any idea about this problem, if you have any suggestion about this situation, then please gives it to me. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Item not found or not available error message on windows 7

This type of error might display in your system if your computer is affected with the virus. This virus directly attack on the executable path of the system. If I were at your place then I will only format my system or just scan my compute with updated anti-virus. Virus sometime change the path or might give some serious damaged to the path. Just do as I say to you.

If you are trying to access any of the process that is no longer in your system, you might get this error. To check all process which is run under your system, just open your command prompt write “msconfig”, by which you can check all the process. This problem may arise on your system if you are trying to get access in the disk, network place, etc which is either deleted or has been damaged by virus. You can solve this by uninstalling that program, try this solution you will find your solution.

Hey man I have solve this query but it is somewhat look like your error. I have added the location but when I try to get a access to that location I got that same error, I had moved that sub-folder, after that I have notice that pointing is not correct means it’s on another location and I have opened previous session but that was not default save location. To fix this problem I had create new temp sub-folder which has a same name like previous one to get new add location, and you know what happened there it working. So if you want to solve your problem just try this solution, I hope that it fulfill your requirement, I hope so.

Hey I have same problem but you know what I have figured it our properly, you can also do this but for that you have to follow some step. This situation you have to face if in any cases your system has blank folder, means user profile folder. In my system I have deleted “c: \ windows \ system32 \ config \ system profile” which is empty. After deleting I have make one copy of user desktop folder and copied into that system directory. When I copied this folder system prompts me that overrite this folder or not, just select yes and restart your system. This solution works great in my system, now my computer is working fine without any error message, so just try this solution, I hope this might help you to solve this problem.

--- You know what the main reason for this error message has been found by my expertise. I got same error message, to fix this I have called software engineer, who have solve this in a minutes. This is happen because of only your system desktop is being restored, due to this problem your system locks entire path of desktop icon. To prevent from this error, copy desktop means desktop.ini file which is placed in your system directory and paste in the system profile folder, I am sure that after doing this you might got your solution. Try this I hope that it works on your system.