Thread: Windows 7: Doesn't provide the option for the screensaver or Desktop Photo to Display

Windows 7: Doesn't provide the option for the screensaver or Desktop Photo to Display

Hi friends, I had installed the Windows 7 previous week from the Windows XP and I am very happy to have it because it is much faster than that of XP even if I am using the same hardware. But I am disappointed by one problem. In the Windows XP we can select the option to display the path of the pictures on the screen saver. But in windows 7 it does not show any option to select the screensaver. I like the features as we can use all our pictures and it is good to know that it reminds where the picture is being taken. Is there any solution to bring back the features of the screen saver option? How can I get it back? Does any one have the same problem? Help please to fix this issue

Re: Windows 7: Doesn't provide the option for the screensaver or Desktop Photo to Display

Sorry to say that there is no workaround to get the features back from the XP. Every Operating System has its own features. You can slide show the screen saver into the Windows 7. Right click on to the desktop anywhere and from that select personalize option. Now in that select the screen saver, under that screen saver settings choose the photo under the screen saver option. Browse the folder for the “Use Picture from”. Apply the settings. You can also make photo collages with the background music with the help of the new slide show maker in the Windows Media Center. you can also use the Windows Live Photo Gallery. It comes with slide-show themes. Photo Gallery - Windows Live: download.live.com/photogallery. You can also play the video as the screen saver with Windows Live Photo gallery. To do it follows these steps: right click on to the Desktop anywhere and choose the personalize option. Now click on to the drop down menu and then choose the Windows Live Photo Gallery, click on to the settings options. Select the 'Use photos and videos from' option. Now press the Browse Button and navigate to the folder which contains the video. Save it and click on to the previous button to check the result.
    Last edited by Luis234; 02-12-2010 at 02:44 AM.

Re: Windows 7: Doesn't provide the option for the screensaver or Desktop Photo to Display

To change the screen saver, click on to the start button on the main windows, now click on to the control panel, in that click the Appearance and Personalization, and click on the Personalization option and then click to the Screen saver. In to the screen saver menu you will get the drop down list, click the screen saver that you want to use. Also you can check the preview to see what your selected screen saver will look like. And click OK. in that you can also create your own screen saver. Also remember that to get the new screen saver, you should download the screen saver from the trusted source. Because the screen saver also have the capability to have the malicious software and spyware.

Try the system restore to the point in time that it works. The screen saver usually works in the clean boot. I will suggest you to try the clean boot to check whether the problem occurs. If it doesn’t happen in the clean boot then you can follow these steps: first log yourself as the administrator. Now click on the Start and execute the run window, in that type msconfig.exe and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration utility. Now click on the continue if you not have the password. In that go to the General tab and choose the tab Selective startup, and then click to the option Load startup items. And now on the service tab select the Hide all MS services and disable all the given options. Click on to the OK and restart it.

I do have the very similar kind of the problem but now I found that it was related to the slide show features of the desktop background. If yours change of the background picture interval is smaller than that of the screen saver interval then it will never get activated. In simple words, if you have set the desktop background to change it in every 5 minutes but screen saver is now will be set to the 7 minutes then it will never get activated. Also the background change is the activity which is being counted by the operating system. Hope this will help you out.