Thread: Windows 7- Desktop wallpaper shows only solid color

Windows 7- Desktop wallpaper shows only solid color

I am running windows 7 on my machine and the problem with me is that, when I try to change the theme, then the background shows the change colors and transparencies, but the wallpaper just doesn't show any changes. I have tried. I have tried to search a lot in order find the solution, but finally not able to get any solution. If you have any knowledge related with this problem, please try to post your reply here. I will be eagerly waiting for your reply, so please try to post it as early as you can. Thanks.

Re: Windows 7- Desktop wallpaper shows only solid color

I have a nice fix for this problem. First go to the start then to the All Programs. Then select the accessories option from there. Then go to Ease of Access and finally to Ease of Access Center. Now a dialog box will open up and you will require clicking on “Make the computer easier to see”. Once you have done that now you need to scroll down and will require unchecking the box "Remove background images”. Now click on apply and then OK. After that press alt + F4 key on your keyboard. Now restart the computer to take the effect. Hope it will solve your problem.

After going through your problem I feel that your problem is related with the display driver. So I will advise you to upgrade your display driver with the latest version. Try to download the update manually and then update your driver. If doing this does not solve your problem, then you are left with the option of reinstalling the display driver. So try it out and see if you are able to solve your problem or not.

I have recently upgraded my system from XP to windows 7. Now I am also facing the same problem on changing the theme on my computer. I have tried the above solution of unchecking the box for “Remove background images” and fortunately after trying your solution I was able to solve my problem. I will like to thank you for giving such a nice solution and also for saving my lot of time.