Thread: How to install raid in windows 7.

How to install raid in windows 7.

I have to buy new desktop computer for my home. I check on internet all new system configurations. I have taken 3 to 4 good configuration. After that I decided Intel core i7 system. It’s a highly configuration in today’s market. It’s come around 53k. I have ready to pay it. But before I buy I have to one query about the software’s.They are giving me windows 7 and I am agreeing for that. I have to know how can I install in windows 7 RAID utility.

Re: How to install raid in windows 7.

You have to know before install RAID utility software. Some basic knowledge about the RAID. Redundant Array of Inexpensive Disks. Normally this technology has a part of issues multiple hard drives to boost the speed of data move to and from hard disk storage, and also to give immediate data backup. The common factor that all RAID levels share is the use of a hardware. Also RAID software controller intercepts data intended for storage on the logical hard drive. RAID is a such of kind a software you can safe your data form delete and corrupted.

It's fateful information that hard disk drives are slightly slow at storing and retrieving data. Certain they are earlier than CD, linear backup tapes and other detachable Media, The mechanical environment of Hard Disk Drive (HDD) technology will always hold it back when compared to a purely electronic storage device such as a stick of RAM or a Solid State Drive (SSD). The thing is, our dependence on hard drives has if no matter which greater than before over the years, while the technology they are based on has untouched little. A group of hard drives connected together as a single logical drive. Must be connected to one or more hardware RAID controllers, or be attached normally to a computer using a RAID competent operating system, such as Windows 7 Professional.

So here’s a quick direct to installing hardware RAID on a motherboard that features a RAID controller. These steps take for granted. You are performing a sanitary Windows 7 install moderately, than an improve and they might be different depending on your system set-up, but the general values should be the similar. You have to download the RAID drivers for your motherboard from the manufacturer’s website and save them to a pen drive. Back up all your important data and your software. After restart the machine again. Install 2 hard disks if possible with identically capability into your computer. Turn on your PC, press the delete key or F2 key when impelled to get to the BIOS menu. Find the option in your screen to select the RAID mode, and save your settings and exit BIOS. On reboot you be supposed to see a new menu option to enter the RAID organizer settings. Go into the key combination when incited to get to the RAID organizer menu. Than create a new RAID array selecting either RAID 0.0 or RAID 1.0 Select the disks that will form the array, save the settings and exit.