Thread: Unable to use Alt-tab to switch between multiple windows in Windows 7

Unable to use Alt-tab to switch between multiple windows in Windows 7

I have recently installed the windows 7 on my system and the installation process was fine. It is also been working good, the only problem that I am facing with it is that I am not able to use the shortcut keys for switching between window. That is whenever I open multiple windows on my system and when I try to use the Alt key + Tab key to switch between the windows. Initially when the XP was installed then it was doing well but now in the windows 7 it is not letting me to do the same. Is there is any that will help me to do the same. If yes then please let me know

Re: Unable to use Alt-tab to switch between multiple windows in Windows 7

I think that the version of the windows 7 that you have installed on the system is not letting you to do the same. So do one thing try and check whether you have installed the updated and the ultimate version of windows. If you have this one then you will not face any problem with the alt + tab key. And if it is the professional version than I can’t guarantee you that it will work fine, because I have gone through many cases where the problem is always associated with the professional version of windows 7.

Well in this case I want you to install a power tool called the Ms Power tool for Alt-tab. What it will do is remove all the issues related with the working of these keys. So what you have to do here is that just install this tool on your system and then see whether the alt-tab keys are functioning properly or not. I am also using the same tool for the better performance of these keys, and it is being doing a fine job for me. I think it will work in your case also.

According to me you have to use the software called Alt-Tab Thingy. This software enables you use the alt+tab key in the desired manner. The functioning of these keys improves immediately after the software being installed. It provides you a faster access over different windows within a fraction of time. It is free software which is easy to download and also to install on the system. It provides you a user friendly interface that will help you to understand and work over it easily. It provides you a thumbnail of selected windows which contains the list of that particular window which are currently open. Here you can also customize the windows in the icons or the text links. So don’t worry go with this software it will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that I can help you on this case what you have to do is just go to start and then click on Run and in that you have to type” regedit” It will navigate you as the user and to the control panel. And in that you will find an option called “coolSwitch”. Then you have to just right click on the coolswitch and select the Modify option and then you have to set the value to 1. Doing this will help you to get rid of the problem that you are facing.