Thread: Windows 7: ctrl+C cannot copy onto the clipboard

Windows 7: ctrl+C cannot copy onto the clipboard

Hi Guys, I have bought a new computer and it is running Windows 7 in it. All the other functions are working fine in it but the only problem I am having with it is the copy past. I am not able to copy anything on clipboard with ctrl + C key. This was not the problem when I was using the Windows XP. I was using ctrl + C to copy the text and images and ctrl + V to paste that. In Windows 7, I am not able to do that. Can you tell me that how can I make this default or copying and pasting.

Re: Windows 7: ctrl+C cannot copy onto the clipboard

Just open your notepad and try to copy paste the text with ctrl + C and paste that. If you are not able to copy paste in the notepad and other applications also then you can try to run the System File Checker. Follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem.
    1. Go to start and point to all programs. Select accessories and right click on Command Prompt. After that, click on Run as administrator.
    2. If it prompts you for the password then you have to provide the same and hit Enter.
    3. You will see a command prompt and there you have to type the command “sfc /scannow” and press enter. This will check and fix the system for bugs.

Your system may be affected by virus attack and that is why you are getting the problems like this. Do you have installed any antivirus software in your system? If not then I recommend you to install a good one and scan your entire system with that. Before scanning, you should make sure that the virus definition is up to date otherwise it will skip some virus. I mean it will not detect some viruses. Clean all the infected file that it detects and if it is not able to clean that then you can delete that file but make sure that it is not a system file. I wish this will solve the problem for you.

If it started directly after installing the Windows7 then there may be some other problem but it happens after few days then you can perform the system restore to do that. System restore will help you to take your computer back to the point where it was working fine. This is the best way to restore the system changes without modifying any file. You can also do this. Just select the date when it was working fine and click on restore. This will take some time according to your system configuration. After that you will find that all the things come back to that point of time. This may also solve the copy paste issue in your system.

There may be some files for your operating system that helps to copy on clipboard are corrupted and which is creating problem for you. You can try to repair your operating system. Just insert the OS CD in your computer and when it asks for the options then you have to select Repair. This will replace the entire corrupted file from your system. If that is also not helping you then you can try to do a clean install of Windows 7 again and this may solve the issue. If possible then try to use a different CD this time because there may be problem with the installation CD itself.

Make sure that you have tried all the other alternative options for this and this is your last option. Good Luck!!!

Thank you very much to all for your replies. I have solved the issue. It was the problem with the operating system itself. I reinstalled Windows 7 with a fresh copy of setup as suggested above and this solves the issue for me. Before that I tried all the other things but that was not working. I want to recommend you all to do this if you are also facing the same problem.