Thread: How do I Recover Files after a System Recovery

How do I Recover Files after a System Recovery

I was facing a problem after connecting to internet and thought I was restoring to a restore point, but actually was doing a Recovery to Factory. I understand what I had done once it started and powered down the computer to stop it but was too late. Is there any method to recover my personal files, documents, pictures, video's, etc. because they are very important for me. I have taken out this hard drive and I am using older drive now, and I have an external drive to back up to now. There is a second bay to install this hard drive in or I can re-install back into the boot drive bay.

Re: How do I Recover Files after a System Recovery

You be able to undo your system restore and backup your files first. Then do the system recovery again. Also, you be able to look in c:\Documents and Settings\uname\. Where "uname" is the name you were using on your computer b4 the restore procedure. Obviously this is the only works if you were saving your stuff in the default folders like My Music, My Documents, and My Downloads. Etc. lastly, depending on how you used system restore; it could have whipped the entire item off your hard-drive. In which case you will require third party software to recover the deleted files.

If the real hard drive real estate was wipe out, and you are familiar with anyone at the CIA, they can acquire part of it back by partial memory effect on the hard drive magnetic media. For this reason, top spooks use shredder systems which first record ones in all offered space, and then zeros, both several times, ultimately deleting the remaining occurrence of the original data, down to where it cannot be read by accessible exotic techniques. Though, it is possible that only the directory things were altered. If that is the case, there are programs to attack those actually occupied areas, and make files of what is found. I have yet to notice those programs marketed wherever. What you have finished is the best way to get clear of viruses, but you should monthly make a copy of all main files anyhow in case a virus wipe you out, onto CD or flash drive. That and a list of all download to make upon starting over.

A number of file recovery products are capable of recovering disk stuff even after a reformat and even after a re-install of Windows and after portioning errors. You actually require minimizing what you perform on the system in the meantime though. You be supposed to download and run such software on a special drive or computer. You possibly will require connecting the original drive like a secondary drive on the special computer. You after that run the software from the special drive so that it scan the original drive and can then recover the data.

You be able to undo your system restore and backup your files first. Then do the system recovery again. Also, you be able to look in c:\Documents and Settings\uname\. Where "uname" is the name you were using on your computer b4 the restore procedure. Obviously this is the only works if you were saving your stuff in the default folders like My Music, My Documents, and My Downloads. Etc. lastly, depending on how you used system restore; it could have whipped the entire item off your hard-drive. In which case you will require third party software to recover the deleted files.