Thread: Bios update freezes the system

Bios update freezes the system

I had purchased my system system 2 years back . I have got AMD 6000+ processor and my motherboard is a Biostar 740g . Due to the lack of performance I decided to upgraded my mother board to a higher version , according to my knowledge it used to support 95w and my processor around 125 w . But now when I try to start my system and my system freezes with a warning that my processor exceeds 95 watts , I do not understand what is going on in my system, what is the next step should I take ? Please suggest some tips after imagining my frustration level.

Re: Bios update freezes the system

I think this is all happening because of the Bios updation you made recently in your system .I think you should revert back to your older version of Bios, you can refer to the official website of the Biostar motherboard and look for the previous version, this process is also called as downgrading the system to the previous version. Along with that I would recommend you to replace the processor as well and buy the intel one, I think had if intel processor been there in the place of AMD , I do not think this mishap would have happened.

I had a same issue faced as you are facing it right now. I had once tried to install the windows xp operating system in my Dell Dimension system and I had faced a strange problem , which I even do not know , so my technician on the phone asked me to update the bios , but then as soon as I started it , my system froze which led to another issue. I even do not know what was my first issue, my technician told me something about the floppy dive I had installed in the CPU tower.

Yes you are probably correct , I think it is your floppy drive is causing you such issue .But this Bios update usually should not take 5 to 10 minutes. A BIOS update procedure is a a very critical process, you should do it only when it is necessary or you are been asked to do so. The Bios updating procedure varies from the manufacturer of the mother board , if you have bought your system as a bundled system such as Dell Acer or Sun then you can ask them for the support , if you have bought it as an assembled system then you can consult the motherboard’s manufacturer. I think there are, 2 reasons for this issue, you might have forgot to power cycle your system after the completion of the updating , to power cycle a system turn it off completely and unplug all the external cable from the back of the tower and press the power button on the CPU for at least 10 seconds to remove the static that still remains in the system. You should clear the existing BIOS setting after you have updated it completely.