Thread: How to change the start menu in windows 7 to look like xp

How to change the start menu in windows 7 to look like xp

Hello to all friends, I just installed the Windows 7 on my laptop though it is installed by myself cause it had installed windows xp previously on my laptop since my laptop supports 64 bit. So can anybody inform me that how I can create the start menu in windows 7 so that it looks as well as work like the XP start menu? It's pouring me mad I can't find it out to replace this start menu; I could perform it in Microsoft Windows Vista but not in Windows 7, So please friends help me out in this problem please to my post.

Re: How to change the start menu in windows 7 to look like xp

Hello friend I think that I can help you out to your problem. If you require start menu to look like windows xp in windows 7 though it is not exactly same as an xp start menu but it is similar to xp start menu. If you need to refer to classic Start menu, then here is a third-party substitute that a lot of people use. You can download this start up menu online from the CSMenu Official Website. CSMenu is a small application which performs like the classic start menu which looks similar like an xp start menu. It is specially designed for Windows 7, which does not have a classic start menu. I hope that will help you out according to your requirement so check out this post it will make your work easy to observe a classic menu in Windows 7.

Yeah friend this is nice post you had posted because many people try to find this solution but it won’t make it out properly. But Unfortunately I will tell that there is no method or a trick that you can modify the classic Start Menu in Windows 7 to encompass Windows XP like functionality. Nevertheless you can attempt to doing the below state turnaround, which will approximately customize the start menu look like Windows XP in windows 7.
    To carry out this you require changing Windows 7 to classic start menu.
    1. Go to the start menu of the current windows 7.
    2. Choose the Control Panel and then click on Personalization
    3. Select the “Windows Classic” theme from the list and click on apply and ok.

The only issue here is that if you do that it modifies the current whole windows theme to windows classic theme. I like the OP desire to make my start menu mirror that of windows XP, with the pop-out programs details and such. I would also like my taskbar to have the suitable little buttons on it with a small icon and then the name of the stuff (Windows Vista did this). I do not desire to change the whole of my windows theme to look similar Windows XP. Just that one area I needed to alter. As for the taskbar problem, I cannot able to work out why, with the options accessible, there isn't one that says forever combine, show labels' when there is one that says 'always combine, hide labels'. It appears foolish to offer one alternative but not the supplementary - not actually a choice at all. Does anyone solution for this post.