Thread: pop-up window appears while hovering over icons on taskbar in windows 7

pop-up window appears while hovering over icons on taskbar in windows 7

Hello friends I m facing some problem with my preinstalled Windows 7 home premium edition. I trying to disable the "small windows" that shows up when you mouse above icons in the task bar whenever selecting the particular icon. It is irritating me a lot. There is disabled methods in windows vista, but can't find it out how it does in Windows7 home premium. Afraid I’m stuck with this problem. Whenever I personalize and select the windows basic screen, "windows" develop into picture of icon. Better, but still not well. I hope anyone could find any solution for this post so please reply me help will be appreciated.

Re: pop-up window appears while hovering over icons on taskbar in windows 7

Hello friend I may help you out from this problem. You may attempt the following procedure to disable the Task bar thumbnail sample in Windows 7 Home premium:
    1. Go to the Start Menu and click on the run caption and type “gpedit.msc” and press the Enter key.
    2. Then you find the user configuration after pressing enter, Navigate through this and go to User Configuration and go to Administrative Templates, and Start Menu as well as Task bar in left side of the Group Policy Editor.
    3. Place the “Switch off Task bar Thumbnails” in right side of Group policy editor also double click on the group policy editor.
    4. Choose “Enabled” as well as click “Apply” & “OK”.
    I hope that these might help you out. So check out this procedure.

Hello friend I have tried gpedit.msc to turn off the taskbar thumbnails settings however it just did not work at all for me. I even tried to editing the registry value straightforwardly inside the registry entry, it also doesn't work. All the method did not work for me? Somebody apparently included a method to disable the characteristic but it may work it out or may not work? Why is the most excellent proposal the "extend hover times" work around? It's really maddening. Does anyone have any other method how to disable this pop-menu? So please let me know.

You can close the taskbar thumbnail trait in MS-Win 7 by a registry edit. This can be made by modifying the taskbar thumbnail preview hover stoppage to a huge value (state about 1000 millisecs oreven more), so that the preview is not right away produce when you hover over a taskbar icon.
    1. Go to the Start Menu and select the run caption from the menu and type “gpedit.msc” and hit the Enter key. Navigate to the following location:
    2. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced.
    3. Make a new DWORD (32-bit) value termed as ExtendedIOHoverTime
    4. Double-click ExtendedIOHoverTime and click on the Decimal
    5. To speed-up the hover setback to 6 sec, type 6000. Type 100 for 1 seconds and so onward…
    6. leave the Registry Editor.
    7. Restart your PC
    I think that this may help to solve the problem.