Thread: How to change the Windows Logon screen saver in Windows xp

How to change the Windows Logon screen saver in Windows xp

Hello each and every one, I presently installed Windows xp Professional as well as I noticed that on one occasion the PC is turned on as well as sitting at the welcome screen, it will persist on the way to illustrate that display as well as by no means go to a screen saver. I used on the way to have Vista as well as I keep in mind that it would finally connect the screen saver still at the same time as at the welcome screen, however as a result far on windows xp I have not observe this to occur. Does anybody be familiar with if this is by plan or else if there are several settings that are able to be changed on the way to put this up? I set up an old article regarding adjusting these settings in windows XP as well as Vista, on the other hand the registry string it references does not come into view to be in the windows 7 registry. Any assist would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to change the Windows Logon screen saver in Windows xp

On the way to launch group policy editor, Go to start, click Run, as well as after that type gpedit.msc. You might be promptedfor Administrator account, please login as Administrator.You will be popped up by means of a window where you require on the way to make subsequent changes.
    1. Choose Computer Configuration (under local computer policy).
    2. After that select Administrative Templates, and then select System as well as choose Logon.
    3. Double click on Logon folder
    4. Choose “Do not display the Getting started welcome screen at Logon” as well as double click on it.
    5. Under policy setting sections select “Disable”.
    6. confirm the “Disable” alternative is highlighted under state column
    7. Reboot the computer.

The above step will assist you resolve your problem!

I have followed your suggestion above by means of success using the windows photo screensaver. on the other hand I also attempt running the GPhotos screensaver from Google with no achievement in the welcome screen. Any opinion? I am accessing the photos from HP MediaSmart server - is it achievable that the screensaver cannot access the server drive at what time not logged into a exact account.Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have attempted equally of this solution at the moment as well as I at a standstill do not have a screen saver at the login screen. I require on the way to log into the PC as well as let the screen saver run from there. I recognize that this machine will mainly almost certainly be full of activity all the time however I do want on the way to safe guard it at the same time as it will be functioning on the weekend at what time there are not a lot of employees around on the way to make certain it is running correctly. If I have missed anything please let me know?

I am using Windows 7 Enterprise on my system and policy change does not anything.Regedit functions; first time I attempt it I type it accurately as exposed as well as unusually it did not function! I compared the strings on the way to my Server 2008 Standard as well as notice an r missing in ScreenSaveIsSecure, as a result I changed it on the way to ScreenSaverIsSecure as well as furthermore I used a 1 in its place of a 0.
    ScreenSaveActive :1
    ScreenSaverIsSecure : 1
    ScreenSaveTimeOut : 120
    SCRNSAVE.EXE : C:\Windows->System->Bubbles.scr
    Bubbles.scr is supposed to offer you the directx saver by means of the caution as well as scrnsave.scr will provide a blank screen