Thread: “New” is missing on the right click in windows 7

“New” is missing on the right click in windows 7

I have recently installed the windows 7 operating system on my laptop and i guess the installation process was proper and error less. now an unusual problem is faced by me whenever i right click on the desktop the hew option is missing from the list box. And due to that i am to able to create the text or word file instantly. It has put me in a tangle, i am not able to understand how the new option is missing. Is anything wrong in the operating system that i have installed? Does anyone else is facing the similar kind of problem if yes then please let me know how to solve this issue.

Re: “New” is missing on the right click in windows 7

I think in this case the registry key is missing or the problem is related with the registry key only. So what you have to do is try and find out the proper registry key and then use the same to resolve the issue. I think this issue has occurred due to the improper entry of registry key on the installation. So make sure that somehow you find it and use for the best.

I was also facing the similar kind of issue few days back and was not able to fix it but after troubleshooting a lot I came to know that it is the registry problem and it seems to me that you are also going through the same phase. So fix this issue you have to use the registry editor to verify the registry key and then do the following:
    Code:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New\ (Default) 

Value for (Default): 
    {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}
    I am sure that doing this will help you to solve the issue and also will take care that it will not occur again.

Well according to me you operating system is not function well and that may be due to the virus attack so try and use any updated antivirus to scan the system. Scanning will help you to remove the virus from the system and then see if the problem prevails or not, if the problem is still there then you can just do the system restore it will help you to restore the initial stage settings and will make you to work on fresh platform. I hope that this will help you to resolve your problem with ease