Thread: I want to use linux as recovery operating system on my eeepc

I want to use linux as recovery operating system on my eeepc

I had purchased currently Asus eeePC 1005p which is by means of ms windows 7 starter edition. So at present when I desire to run recovery I press F9 at system start up (a pleasant characteristic in net books doing regarding additional brands) then the hidden fat 32 separation is made active and is booted a number of chopped down version or description of windows or incredible as starts to recover the c: commencing the image by means of the intention of is obtainable it uses impressive similar to ImageX tool for windows and restores the c: drive and previous to rebooting it create the c: as active boot partition the entire in excess of again and windows 7 is back the entire in excess of again subsequent to configuring things so what I required with the intention of I required to utilize linux (several distro for netbook).

Re: I want to use linux as recovery operating system on my eeepc

My Asus Eeepc right at present has windows xp on it. Additional than am endeavoring to restore the Linux OS back on the pc, and I have encompassed the hold up or maintain compact dvd Rev.1.0 as well as the Linux Recovery compact dvd Rev.1.0. consequently I immediately might necessitate an additional person to tell me how to go regarding establishing back the Linux OS by means of these CDs. By installing Windows on your Asus Eee you determine to have comprised and destroyed the ext 3 format which is compulsory for Linux and replaced it by means of NTFS. In doing by means of the intention of, the original copy of Linux determine to encompass been destroyed too. You might be capable to locate a copy of the original Linux, called Xandros, additional than be aware by means of the intention of it was produced in 2007 and has not been updated in view of the fact with the intention of it.

The Xandros is together the name of a procession of operating systems and Xandros Corporation, the company which generates them. The Xandros Desktop was a Linux circulation. The name Xandros is derived commencing the X Window System and the Greek island of Andros. Originated in May 2001 by Linux Global Partners, the corporation is headquartered in New York City. The Xandros Desktop was pedestal on Corel Linux, a Debian-based circulation which was get hold of along by means of the expansion team behind the product commencing Corel Corporation in August 2001 subsequent to Corel decided to depart the Linux distribution market.

You seem to actually desire f9 to boot slax, which I have the same opinion is an elegant explanation. Additional than must you actually solve the tribulations with the intention of way. Why do not have encompassed two parallel installs (windows+linux) and immediately have comprised grub to choose connecting the two. You are able to set windows as the defaulting operating system to load and encompass a 2 second timeout (time to decide linux, if you desire). It determines to steal 2 seconds commencing your boot time, and it's a extremely straightforward solution to implement a fallback OS. I recognize it's not accurately what you were giving the impression of being for, additional than. If it works fundamentally my point to get control in excess of the recovery ms thingy with the intention of is started upon pressing f9; so by means of the intention of I be able to do whatever I desire moreover to recovery or generate an image for several of the OS I have installed.

If it does, give pleasure to might you create an ISO or make this CD obtainable for additional to download. It would be tremendously accommodating to people without the defaulting Xandros. In the un-boxing videos on youtube no one seems to acquire a CD/DVD and I not be able to locate an image to download on the absolutely awful Asus website. In view of the fact by means of the intention of its freeware, if somebody be able to get Asus to make available a disk for their 1000, it be supposed to be capable to be position for everybody, right? Most of them determine to locate out when excavation arrives if you get a disk of a number of kind, I not be able to observe anywhere to download it on the asus web site.

The recovery DVD is for when you completely rotate up your system. You be able to do a recovery by pressing F9 a small number of times on boot. And yes, the recovery DVD is sustained or maintained to come by means of it. If it does not, you might desire to call Asus. Optimistically they determine to send you a copy and you would not be told to acquire your Eee back to accumulate and substitute it. One of the attractive aspects of the ASUS Eee PC is the convention interface installed by defaulting beneath the Xandros Linux installation. It's premeditated to be extremely organized and to permit users uncomplicated to have right of entry to the entire of the programs on the Eee without much complexity. On the other hand do you encompass (or be able to point me towards) several instructions on what to do by means of the files on one occasion I have encompassed and finished downloading them. Subsequent to the files are attached by WinRAR or 7Zip burn them to a DVD and then boot commencing the DVD.