Thread: Method to downgrade from windows 7 ultimate

Method to downgrade from windows 7 ultimate

I am having Lenovo laptop and the operating system is windows 7 home premium, this operating system was already installed when I have bought the system. Unfortunately because of some kind of problem I have to format the laptop. I thought that this will solve the problem that I was facing, but in the way of solving the problem that I was facing I got another problem. Mistake that I have done is really bad. Actually I have bought a pirated copy of windows 7 ultimate and installed it on my Lenovo laptop and foolishly I have used loader of windows 7 for installing Lenovo oem (Original Equipment Manufacturer) serial. Because of this foolishness Microsoft has traced the pirated copy of windows ultimate that I have installed on my Lenovo laptop. Now Microsoft is forcing me to buy the original copy of windows 7 ultimate operating system. But the thing is that I am having original copy of windows 7 home premium and I do not want to spend money on a new copy of windows 7 ultimate. So is there any solution for this problem.

Re: Method to downgrade from windows 7 ultimate

Well I am not having the perfect solution for the problem that you are facing , but I think that this can help you a bit for the problem that you are having. A Windows 7 Ultimate version may not normally be in a lower version of "Windows 7 Home Premium" or "Professional" converted ("downgrade"). Thus if you have an earlier preview version of Windows installed 7 Ultimate (for example, a former Beta, Release Candidate Build 7100 or RTM build 7600) and now I want an inexpensive "Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional about it install, then refuses the installation routine that" downgrade "to make. But with the change a registry key you can install a lower version pretend while - they can also use a lower version of Windows Ultimate install 7 over it.

I tried the downgrade, but without success. Have so far as RC Ultimate Build installed 7100th would now go to Home Premium because I have this purchased the Family Pack upgrade in the version. However a downgrade from version 7600 ultimate 64 bit to home premium 64 bit, is working. Funny thing is that I have already tested the reg-key from the 7600 version on the 7100 but still the Ultimate and it is displaying a message that it cannot be upgraded to Ultimate. Even if I may upgrade to delete from ei.cfg to the Ultimate version will not do. Hence there is anything that I can do to perform this in a normal manner.

According to me you should know that a Windows 7 Ultimate version may not normally be in a lower version of "Windows 7 Home Premium" or "Professional" converted ("downgrade"). Thus if you have an earlier preview version of Windows installed 7 Ultimate (for example, a former Beta, Release Candidate Build 7100 or RTM build 7600) and now I want an inexpensive "Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional installed, then refuses the installation routine that" downgrade "to be made. But with the change a registry key, you can pretend while installing a lower version - they can also use a lower version of Windows 7 Ultimate installed over it. The name must be entered version identical to the version name on the installation DVD. To downgrade should not be booted from the Windows 7 installation DVD. But we must first start Windows 7 and the "Setup.exe" from the DVD start then, or when you insert the DVD is setup automatically start and choose the upgrade method. All data, documents, music and movie files, installed drivers and programs, links, retained program and user settings. Only in a few Windows 7 programs, some settings are reset to their initial settings, eg in the "services".