Thread: Booting problem from USB

Booting problem from USB

While browsing across the internet there was virus attack on my system due to my operating system got crashed. Now I want to install new operating on my laptop but I am not having DVD ROM. I am having pen drive of the Kingston Company. I made the pen drive bootable and started to boot from the pen drive. While booting there was license agreement problem because of which the installation failed. I need solution for troubleshooting this problem. Also suggest me some software through which we can make pen drive bootable.

Re: Problem booting from USB

Booting through pen drive for installing a new operating system is very easy. While booting if you are having the end user license agreement problem then in that case you need to go on line and purchase the license key for solving the license agreement problem. After you have registered yourself and purchased the license key then you need to start the booting again. When the license agreement window appears enter the license key. After entering the license key installation will proceed.

To make USB bootable you can use make bootable software which will make your USB bootable. Make bootable is a free and easy to use software through which your USB drive acts as boot-up disk. It consists of a single executable file and requires no additional software. Make bootable will work only with FAT file-system.
    1. Enter the pen drive into the USB port of the system.
    2. Format it with the FAT file-system.
    3. Now run Makebootable.exe to make pen drive bootable.

From the above given steps I have made mu USB pen drive bootable. After making it bootable I changed the boot device setting into the BIOS and installed the Microsoft windows XP on my laptop successfully. I want a solution so that I can setup windows 7 operating system into the other drive on my laptop.

For installing windows 7 from the USB drive requires “UNetbootin” software. UNetbootin is a tool that can create bootable pen drive with any operating system. The steps to create bootable pen drive for windows 7 installation are given below.
    • Insert the pen drive into the USB port of the system.
    • Now run the UNetbootin and select your windows 7 ISO file.
    • Now select the type as USB and click on ok button. After clicking on ok button it will start to extract files into the pen drive.
    • After the installation is complete restart your system.
    • After restarting the system press the corresponding key to change the boot device setting. After changing the boot device setting save it and restart the system. After restarting the booting will start from the pen drive.

Re: Booting problem from USB

If the USB drive is unable to identify into the system then in that case you can download and install HP USB Boot utility. This HP USB Boot utility can also work with other brands of the pen drive. You have made your USB bootable then you need to do the settings into the BIOS so that it can boot from the external device. The steps to change the BIOS settings to boot from pen drive are as follows.
    1. Insert the USB drive into the USB port of the system.
    2. Restart the system, press Del key to enter into the BIOS.
    3. After entering into the BIOS change the boot device setting. Select USB-HDD or USB-ZIP to boot from pen drive.
    4. Save the changes and restart the system. Now the booting will start from the pen drive.