Thread: Some functions in the system is missing

Some functions in the system is missing

I have encompassed a tribulations by means of my dell at the welcome display there be supposed to be an alternative to shutdown additional than by means of the intention of is missing how do it get it back you encompass to go from side to side the power options\Advanced to get the shutdown push button active. I not be able to tell you accurately how, additional than you do not break no matter which by clicking a small number of thing I am working with Windows 2000 Server. One user profile on with the intention of server does not encompass the alternative to Shutdown or Restart when they hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The entire additional users with the intention of log on to this system are capable to shutdown and restart as well. Does anybody encompass several ideas on how to get these options back on the log off dialog box.

Re: Some functions in the system is missing

This tribulations of missing shutdown alternative in start menu in start menu might come into view due to subsequent two reasons containing Missing shutdown alternative issue might be due to the Local Computer Policy settings. Missing shutdown alternative might in addition be appropriate to mis-configured registry settings Let’s talk regarding the potentials explanation to restore the missing shutdown alternative in windows start menu in this you have to open Start Menu >> Run, type gpedit.msc and press Enter key. Subsequent to by means of the intention of in the Navigate to User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar. You have to twice hit it off “Remove and Prevent Access To The Shut Down Command” and choose Not Configured or Disabled shutdown permit system-to-be-shut-down.

These tribulations be able to happen for several of the subsequent reasons when you received the following communication, you clicked Yes: The most recent a small number of times your system went on standby it congested responding. Would you approximating to protect your computer commencing going on standby in the prospect. Your system stopped responding at the same time as in standby mode two times uninterruptedly. Advanced Power Management (APM) is not configuring appropriately in your computer's fundamental Input/Output System (BIOS).

The Windows XP Turn Off system icon is missing commencing the Start Menu. The majority probable cause of this is malware utilizes Group Policy Objects which position into effect policies for system settings and/or user accounts settings. The Group Policy for eliminate and protect and have right of entry to the Shut Down command determine to cause the Logoff button to be restricted/put out of action (removed) commencing Start Menu when enabled. The Group Policies are characteristically applied at businesses to control to have right of entry to programs, system properties, and user account settings. If you are a home user and the twist Off system icon is missing commencing the Start Menu and give the impression of being approximating the pictures then there is a superior chance you are infected by means of malware.

I imagine you misunderstood what I said. I am not discussion regarding the user account; I am talking regarding the profile on by means of the intention of scrupulous server for which the user is having a tribulations. Immediately in case there is no matter which in the profile by means of the intention of requirements to be retained. I recommended renaming the profile as opposed to eliminated it. If there is not no matter which in the profile by means of the intention of requirements to be retained, then by the entire means eliminate it. There is a setting on by means of the intention of server (by means of the intention of is not on the additional) causing this. Being by means of the intention of servers are critical to the operation of the majority business networks, such a sanctuary policy being implemented would not surprise.

What regarding if you do Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Is the Shutdown alternative there. I am wondering the similar thing even though. Why do you desire to shut down a server. Unless it's for preservation of course. Apologetic it take so long for me to get back. I have comprised a busy day. No, miserably sufficient, I do not be familiar by means of how to add snap-ins. In addition if I endeavor shutdown my PC utilizing Alt+F4 it determine to not respond. I be able to close a program utilizing Alt+F4 additional than it determine to at present react when I necessitate to shutdown my PC by means of it, if you be familiar with what I mean. I imagine I have this tribulations in view of the fact that I installed SP1 . For at present I utilize red button as shutdown button other than it is actually annoying for the reason with the intention of something is missing, I approximating it the entire to be in its place.