Thread: How to access BIOS of HP DV6 3056tx

How to access BIOS of HP DV6 3056tx

Hello friends I have just purchased a new Hp Pavilion dv6 3056tx just few weeks ago and it is a cool laptop to have. All the features and the performance of the laptop are really very interesting. Yesterday for the first time I was looking to enter into the BIOS setting of this laptop. So I used the same way as we all do with the other computer system that is by pressing F2. But when I pressed F2 during the boot nothing was happening and I was directly going to the login page. Thus this laptop has some other way of going into the BIOS settings or something else. Provide your valuable time in giving the suggestion.

Re: How to access BIOS of HP DV6 3056tx

Hey why don't you can try pressing all the various function keys during the booting and see which one works for you. I don't know exactly whether there is some other kind of keys to access the BIOS settings ion this laptop, but according to me it should be the same as every other laptop. Try pressing F8 and then see if you are redirected to the BIOS menu, this should certainly solve your problem.

Hey try pressing the Del or the Tab key as I think that the new version of the HP laptops have new controls for accessing the laptop BIOS settings. I don't know why they have done this but see if it works for you or not. If it does then good but if it doesn't the n you must contact HP for the same query and they will certainly solve your problem, because they have got the minute details of each and everything related to their device. So try this and see which options help you to solve your problem.

Hey I have tried using all the function keys on the keyboard and none of them solved my problem. I have even used the ESC as well as the DEl and the TAB keys specified in the post but none of them did the trick for me. I have left the same query on the HP forums but none of them have replied yet. So for some one who knows or have the same laptop can please help me to know what is the correct key for accessing the BIOS setup. I would be very thankful for any one who comes up exact solution.

Hey I think that like any other laptop or computer system this laptop also has the same procedure for accessing the BIOS setup. You will certainly be able to access the BIOS using F2 or F8, but since you said you are not able to access it with these function keys, I would like to tell you that you should check whether the keyboard is perfect or not that is whether the upper layer of the keyboard where the function keys are located is working properly or not. In order to know this, make use of the function keys in places where it can be used other then the BIOS and even if it doesn't works there then I think that the problem lies in the keyboard itself and is needed to be replaced.

hi, all for HP dv6 series you can enter BIOS mode by pressing F10. if thats not happening then may be keyboard is to be reinstalled well for technical details refer to these manuals here