Thread: Power save mode stuck in Dell 2408WFP

Power save mode stuck in Dell 2408WFP

Yesterday when I was working on my Dell computer and then with intend to take break from the work I put my computer on the power saver mode. Then after couple of minutes when I back from the break and want to access my computer, but my computer is unable to get out from power saver mode. I don’t know what cause behind this, because this is happened with me for the first time. Then after all tried I have restarted my computer to make it work and after restarting it was working fine. If anyone else faced this kind of issue, then please tell me to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Power save mode stuck in Dell 2408WFP

I think that all this is happening because of the video card, I have done a quick search regarding this and from that I have come to know is that, this could be happen because of the firmware of the video card. This video card firmware is defaulting VGA on the wake up but I have a solution for this that is you have to flash your video card firmware for at least one, if it works then fine or else go with newer video card. I hope this may work for you.

As you have written that, you have to restart you computer after power saver mode then I think you should first check your CMOS battery with another, because I think that this is because of the CMOS battery. If your battery is fine then I think the cause for this is annoying. I would like to give you an advice on this, that is you should not keep your computer to the power saver mode, so that there is no issue of this problem. I was having similar problem and also I have restart my compute from the power save mode to make it work. If you are having other query then reply me.

In my point of view, this is related to your hardware, I have conclude this because I am a computer technician. The same thing is happen with me when I kept my computer on the power saver then after it was unable to wake up, then to overcome this issue I decided to reset my BIOS(Basic Input Output Settings) and then I check my battery and jumper, ram to make sure that they are seated correctly. After all this I kept my computer on the power saver mode again and then after pressing wake up button it came out from that mode. I think that you should try this on your computer and I hope that this will also work for you.