Thread: Have to restart computer, could not open search engine more than four times

Have to restart computer, could not open search engine more than four times

I have noticed some really strange problem to which I think is no solution. I am running Windows XP on this computer. The thing is that whenever I go to my web browser and click on Google shortcut icon from Google Toolbar, I can see Google home page. But the problem is that this happens only 4 times and not more than that. If I try to do this the fifth time, nothing appears. No home page or any message. I am forced to reboot computer in order to get things working. Am I the only one who is having this problem or is there someone else who faced this problem? Can you provide me some solution?

Re: Have to restart computer, could not open search engine more than four times

But why are you clicking on Google icon from Google toolbar; you can even use your favorites to go to google search engine. I cannot understand why you are using shortcut icons to just go to Google. And by the way which web browser are you using? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the browser once again on your Windows XP computer? Did that worked or did you noticed some difference?

I have tried doing that but it didn't worked. When I click on the search engine via favourites, I can only open it four times but not the fifth time. When I close the previous pages of Google search engine and try to open a new page of it, I get a blank white screen. I am on Firefox. I also tried uninstalling this and reinstalling the latest version of Firefox but that too didn't helped.

Then I suppose you should try out Windows Update and see if you are missing something and need to install anything. Go to Windows Update and try to update your Windows XP installation. If there isn't then you can even check if you need to install any latest Service Pack which contains any such kind of bug fixes. Also check on internet if there is something related to this problem. If that doesn't helps then format your C drive and install Windows XP with latest Service Pack once again.

I think you should consult about this with Firefox support team. I think there is some bug which is associated with your version of Firefox or it may be the problem of compatibility with some applications that you are running on your computer. I am sure either Firefox team is aware about this problem and/or they have the solution to this problem. If they don't know then you can still report them and ask them to look into the matter.