Thread: Windows vista: VLC media player freezes

Windows vista: VLC media player freezes

Having a Windows vista compatible HP laptop, along with installed the VLC media player. It is a very good player; I am very impressed with that. But from today morning I encountered a problem regarding this player. The problem is whenever I used to play any file whether audio or video and after complete the listening whenever switch to another rack the VLC media player completely freezes. I have to stop this one from the background. And some it requires to reboot the machine. And from today morning every time while switching to other track it happens same thing, whatever the file, audio or video. What should I do? Any suggestion on this?

Re: Windows vista: VLC media player freezes

This is sound like the software issue, so update the software. Close the player application if it opens, and make sure that after closing this should be also stopped from background. Now go to the tool menu option of the application windows and then switch to preference windows and look for the update option, click on update button, it will redirects you with the information of latest version. Click on update. I think this will definitely help you.

I suggest you to repair the software of VLC player. I am also experiencing with the same problem, after that I did this process, and believe me it works in my machine. My machine is also works with windows vista. It just about few months ago, while I was playing the video CD of my sister’s birthday. All of my family members were watching the clip, and during that suddenly the player is freezes and after that it flashes a message with the “Close the program” option. I select eth option and it closed. After that I tried again to open the player, but it did not open, shows that the player is missing something file. I instantly reboot the machine and click on the uninstall option under the control panel>>program and feature, in the un-install window I click on the repair option and this will repair the software application. Now there is no problem I can easily play any audio or video file in my computer. I suggest you to do the same thing; it will definitely help you to resolve the problem that you mentioned in your post.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Almost the relevant issue, while I was playing the .avi file the vlc media player is simply freezes and stopped working, after that it directs to close the application forcefully. I did this and reboot the machine. But the problem is not overcome here, the actual problem is whenever I tried to play any .avi file in the vlc media player, it freezes all the time. I tried with the other file extension, those are playing fine. My system specification is 2GB RAM with 256GB hard disk space, which is running with windows vista. Along with the NVIDIA graphical interface, what is the actual cause of the problem can any one suggest me. Any input on this will be very great for me.

I recommend you to update the graphics driver that you installed in your machine; this might be for the graphic driver. Go to the device manager by right click on the my computer then proceed to manage option, under that go to driver tab and expand the tab and look for the graphics driver that you are using, right click on it and select the update option. It might be require for the system reboot, do this for applying the changes, configure all the possible settings if needed. I hope after that the problem will not occur again. Along with that also would like to suggest you to install the DirectX, before that you are select the correct on, which is compatible with the operating system. By this there will be no problem regarding the freezing or the graphical will be solved.

Most of the all video player are need the DivX video codec file with any player. It is one also compatible with VLC media player. I also recommend you to download and install the DivX codec file for which is compatible with the player version as well as the windows vista version. This is used for playing any file extension in VLC and the other players like windows media player. It is free and good for stay away from windows vista or 7 platforms. It is just about the last few days back while my friend is come at my home and said that to play a video file which is not playing in VLC in his machine, we are both using the same version of VLC. In my machine it plays smoothly without any problem regarding audio or video. After that he also applied the DivX codec file in his player and it works there. Now he is able to play any file extensions. So go for this. It will also helpful if the player is creating ay problem regarding audio or video, because while you are trying to play any file which is not compatible with the player, then this type of problem occurs.

I was facing the similar issue with the Real Player which is running under the platform of windows XP in my machine, other specifications are like Intel Core 2 quad CPU. It was running fine to play almost all the files and also while streaming video from internet and from pen drive. After using few months this one also encountered the similar issue. First of all I thought that it is for Nvidia Geforce 7100 graphic driver, I update that one instantly. I clean the entire machine with the clean up tool of window, but this one does solve the issue. Then I download and install latest version codec application for the player, this works for few days, but after that the problem is again occurs. Then my friend suggests me to download DivX codec file, which is also support with the windows media player. After apply that one I solve the issue. Now there no problem with the Real Player, neither freezes nor stopped during any file running. So I recommend you to apply the DivX codec in your player, this will surely help you.