Thread: Removes startup screen when setting the monitor properties

Removes startup screen when setting the monitor properties

I own a dell 2400 desktop PC at my home. Yesterday my hardware was damaged and nothing was working. Today I have installed the new HDD for it. I have successfully installed windows XP on it and everything was running fine. My PC was displaying the huge screen, so I went to change it to normal. For that I moved to Control Panel>Display>Settings>Monitor. I have changed something there and system prompts me to restart the system to change the effect. So I clicked OK and system gets restarted. After that I noticed that there is no startup screen. The CPU started running perfectly. The monitor also shows dell logo and black screen. After it turns it turns to deep midnight blue. I tried to do several things but nothing worked at all. Can you help to turn this blue screen to startup screen? What should have to do now? Did I make anything wrong on control panel?

Re: Removes startup screen when setting the monitor properties

I think that you must have applied some kind of setting that cannot be handled or supported by the monitor. This kind issue comes in a Monitor option called as the refresh rate settings. It seems to be that you must have unchecked the box below it and the monitor is not supporting any changes by this option. When the windows start booting it don’t know how to configure the correct settings and apply it. So that it hangs to black or deep blue state. The only way to get rid of this option is to boot the windows in safe mode. For this you have to tap the F8 key rapidly to open the boot menu.

It seems to me that you have somehow uninstalled the display driver by accidentally clicking in monitor properties. That is why the system asked you to restart. So you need to install the display driver if you have one. I you don’t have any driver then use recovery CD to restore your system back to normal position. Also see the BIOS settings for display or for refers rates. If necessary then update the BIOS also. If there is something fault in motherboard or its chipset the also the system doesn’t shows the startup screen. The corrupted boot sector is also another reason for this.

How will you connect your monitor to the CPU? Either directly or using PCI, AGP video card? I think that is not some kind of OS issue or configuration issue. The issue is about the monitor itself. There might be something wrong on connecting the motherboard to onboard video plug. If you connect the monitor to motherboard directly when you already have AGP video card or graphic card installed on it, the display will not perfect at all. You have to merely shift the plug to the exact position.

Failing of onboard Display adapter or mother board also shows a deep black or blue screen on monitor. If there something wrong with Graphic unit then you have fix it first by swapping the slots and then try to connect it. If the graphic card is itself damaged then you have to change it and but a new one. Otherwise you can also HP’s USB adapter for monitor serial port. This product is also called as HP USB graphic adapter. It is super-compact USB Graphics Adapter which allows connection of up to six real-time displays (one per adapter) to help you enhance productivity and multi-task athwart numerous open applications. For further information you may visit this link

If your system’s memory or RAM is not fixed properly or is damage, or even missing altogether, this can cause display issue. If the memory has been damaged then the computer won’t make any sound they just display only black screen. If the system is showing only a blue screen then the either the RAM is not supporting properly to its slot or the integrated display or their drivers had been damaged. You need to manually check the slots and update the on-board integrated graphic drivers.