Thread: Taskbar temporarily freezing on boot up

Taskbar temporarily freezing on boot up

Taskbar temporarily freezing on startup .This started subsequent to a major virus infection on my computer somewhat all along the lines of Win32.Trojan and Win32.Rootkit which totally cause disorder on my system. Subsequent to a bootup as well as logging into Windows XP, my taskbar seems on the way to presently freeze up for a while as if somewhat is irritating on the way to be loaded. My pointer just illustrate an hour glass at what time I mouse over it by means of no extra response for at least 5 minutes. Then after that a while I take notice of the windows startup sound as well as the task bar resumes working similar to normal. I have spent more than a few hours running program scans similar to Malwarebytes, Avast, as well as Hijackthis on the way to the peak that it come into view that all traces of the virus has been removed. Please provide any suggestion regarding to this trouble. Thank you in advance.

Re: Taskbar temporarily freezing on boot up

I would suggest you to try the following instructions.Run disk clean up as well as defrag in your system tools.After that go to internet options as well as beneath the general tab delete cookies, delete files as well as offline files.As well ensure your start up list on the way to observe what application is running.Sounds at the same time as although something is using up all your CPU power.

Occasionally without warning, at what time I start an application in the quicklauch bar, the complete taskbar freezes as well as cannot be make use of. The hourglass illustrates up on the taskbar however the whole thing is working okay on the desktop. At what time this occur I start clicking the whole thing in the taskbar in aggravation as well as in 3-7 minutes subsequent to the taskbar pull through from its freeze all those clicks do their job in a rush of about 5 seconds if I click adequate. This is able to be freaking irritating at what time it happens often enough.
    Occasionally if I turn off the modem at what time its frozen it get well straight away odd

Log file of Trend Micro HijackThis version 2.0.2
    Scan saved at 8:05:20 PM, on 11/20/2010
    Platform: Windows XP SP3
    MSIE: Internet Explorer version 7.00
    Boot mode: Normal
    Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIA CA.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Plugin Manager\skypePM.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Shared\SkypeNames2.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
    E:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

If you are trying on the way to run an program as well as it refuse on the way to load, there might be a trouble by means of it. If you enlist the help of the Windows Defender it will assist you place as well as repair the exaggerated application. Follow these steps:

step 1) Place the Windows Defender in "All Programs" inside your Start menu. If you do not have Windows Defender it is simple on the way to download from the Microsoft website.
    step 2) Select "Windows Defender" and after that opt "Tools" plus "Software Explorer."
    step 3)Open up the "Category List" as well as double-click on "Startup Programs."
    step 4)inside the "Name" section, select "Support Program" and after that hit "Disable."
    Step 5) at what time this is complete, restart your computer furthermore the taskbar should come back.
    Step 6) If the taskbar has not resurfaced after that you will require on the way to re-do the steps above however for a dissimilar application. You may possibly have to do this a few times.
    Step 7) On one occasion you place the correct application, you will require on the way to uninstall it as well as after that reinstall it.
    I think this will help fix windows taskbar.

I do not have this type of trouble so far but I will suggest to Download and install AnVir Task Manager. It as well has free versionAnVir Task Manager show you each and every one startup programs as well as Windows processes, as a result you will discover damaging file within one minute. I at all times make use of it at what time I clean my computer.

Well, you may possibly attempt by means of the System File Checker command. You will require your XP CD. After that just follow this instructions.
    Open Run and type: sfc /scannow
    as well as press enter. This will scan the Windows files as well as restore the corrupted or else missing Windows files.As well as go to start menu and select run and type "msconfig" similar to above said. It would assist a lot if the sfc command does not resolve it.