Thread: Toshiba Satellite R15 S829: how to do the recovery

Toshiba Satellite R15 S829: how to do the recovery

Hi all,
    Having a windows XP compatible Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was facing a problem with the operating system. So after that I am decide to make the recovery of the laptop, but I did not locate recovery button on my laptop. Is it not situated in the laptop? So I am here to looking for any suggestion on this problem, is there anyone having any solution for this problem. Is there any other way to make the recovery for my laptop? Any information regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Satellite R15 S829: how to do the recovery

Did you make any recovery disk before that? So then you can easily make the recovery of the laptop. For that you just insert the disk into your CD/DVD ROM drive. Reboot the machine and during start pressing and holding the key “C”. along with that press the “R” key, it will appear the recovery window of the machine and then for perform a complete format of the drive press the "F" key, remember that by using this process you will lost all the files and the documents which is stored in the drive where you are making the format, so before that you must go for back up those files in a separate disk or some other place. It will ask you for insert a new disk in the ROM drive insert that one and wait until the disk files cannot be stored in the computer. After the complete recovery it will ask you for reboot the machine, you window will start in the original condition.

Close all the applications which are opened in your laptop, if this is on. Reboot the laptop and start pressing f8 during boot up and do this while the logo of Toshiba will appear I the screen of machine. It will appear the windows recovery window. From there select the "Repair your Computer" and hit on Enter, after pressing on this wait until the option “choose the keyboard layout” appear in the screen, it will detect the default language of your machine and will match with the language, click on next, it will ask you for insert the user name and the password which is used to log on the machine. After click on the next as mentioned previous, a window will appear which is contains some options which contains the System Recovery option, click on this and to do this operation follow the screen information’s to do this.

Go to the start menu and look for the option "Recovery Disc Creator" under Hard Disk Recovery Utilities. Select the CD/DVD where you put the recovery of the machine or if you store this one in other place in your machine then browse that location and burn that file in separate CD or DVD. Then insert the CD/DVD in the writable drive of your machine and reboot the machine and press the f8 key. It will open the recovery window of the machine, click on the recovery option and after completing the recovery of your machine it will require for restart the machine. The recovery of machine will take lot of time; don’t go for other operation during this. Before that format the primary drive where you install the operating system, it might be ask you to format the drive while you are go through the recovery operation in your machine.

Similar issue, I am having my recovery disk for my HP laptop and know how to do this, but the problem is while I attempt for recovery it gives me error message with the information like it is not able to recover the machine. I tried to recover by reboot the machine, but it still happen the same thing. I tried twice for the recovery with the appropriate instructions; I hold the “c” key and switch on the machine. Am I did any wrong thing? Why it is happening, any one is there having any idea on this?

You can also do this without the help of any recovery disk, if you did not create this earlier. Go to a particular file or program which you want to use after restoring your laptop and the go to the factory setting and then backup that file into the backup location, like some of the USB flash drive or any other disk. After backup the file restart the machine and press either "0," or "F1," or "F8.", it depends on the machine. Press the number 1 and restore original factory that you made earlier and click on Next to begin the restoring process. After the completion of restoring reboot the laptop and follow the screen option which will appear after reboot the machine. You have to set up the laptop time, date and language. Transfer the backed up file or program into the primary drive, which is backed up earlier. Reinstall all the applications and program which are installed earlier.