Thread: Satellite L305D-S5881 factory settings

Satellite L305D-S5881 factory settings

I was using Microsoft windows XP operating system on my Satellite L305D-S5881. Last night while surfing across the internet there has been a virus attack on my system which corrupted some of the files of the internet. Due to this virus attack I am facing a lot of problem. Now I want to reinstall my XP operating system but I am not aware of the steps. I need a solution so that I am able to reinstall XP operating system very much efficiently.

Re: Satellite L305D-S5881 factory settings

You can use system restore function to restore the system. System restore function is an inbuilt tool provided by your operating system. System restore rolls back the system registry and windows files to the previous stage. You can use the system restore function to recover from spyware but sometimes system restore function is unable to fix the problem then in that case you will require installing a new copy of operating system.

You can use recovery CD/DVD to recover factory settings. Many of the system come with the recovery disc which is hidden into your computer system. If you are having recovery disc then you can recover windows to factory settings during the start up. You can also insert disc into the drive and then press F10 key to start booting so that you can get to the recovery console. Using recovery disc is similar to repairing operating system. When you use recovery disc all of the system files are replaced with the new one and your application and data remains intact.

I have successfully restored my operating system to factory setting. Now I want a solution to create a restore point. Restore point helps us to take the backup of data, registry and application programs that we can use immediately to return to normal operating system that we were using which has been corrupted or damaged. Thus it helps us to return to normal mode of operating system with less effort.

If you have a backup device in your computer system then you can use it to take the backup and turn off the restore point. If the backup device is missing from your system then you need to create a restore point. The steps to create a restore point are as follows:
    • Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools and in the system tool select restore point.
    • Click on the radio button next to create restore point and then click on next button.
    • You need to give a name to your restore point. Now click on the create button and the restore point will be created automatically.
    • Suppose that if you want to go to the previous stage of computer system then just run the system restore tool. After choosing the system restore tool click on “Restore my computer to an earlier time”.
    • A calendar will be displayed. The bold date is the day where restore point for that day was created. You just need to click on any of the bold date, choose restore point and then click on next button to restore your computer. You computer system will be restored to that day which was selected by you.

Last option to restore to factory settings is by installing a clean operating system. For installing a clean operating system you need to have CD/DVD of the operating system. While installing a clean operating system it will boot from original operating system CD, delete the previously created partition and allows us to create a new partition. After all this process it will start the installation. Suppose that if you want to fix the corrupted or missing files error then instead of installing a new copy you can use the repair tool provided by operating system.