Thread: MemTest86 do more stops after update ubuntu

MemTest86 do more stops after update ubuntu

I cannot stop the process memory test that broke after updating ubuntu. Just after the indication "Grub loading", the screen turns blue, and the test gets under way. I tried ten times to "esc", but the test restarts at each reboot! I waited 10 pass (several hours) and then just reboot.There is no error postponed after ten passes, so I guess no pbs memory cards. I only have ubuntu installed on this laptop. Does anyone have an idea? Merci! Thank you!

Re: MemTest86 do more stops after update ubuntu

Yeah, you've got to change the default boot in menu.lst and if during an update you have installed a new kernel, lag in the menu and the windows that was supposed to start giving way to memtest that comes from being promoted. It is therefore necessary either to access the dynamic menu ESC for grub-legacy, but now grub-pc or SHIFT is allowing this posting. Then the solution if you're grub-pc or GRUB2 is to edit the file / etc / default / grub and edit the line:
    GRUB_DEFAULT = "where you put the exact title windows" this value is present in / boot / grub / grub.cfg in the paragraph that begins:
    BEGIN / etc/grub.d/30_os-prober. Finally you by valid sudo update-grub.

Think again, I'm under grub 1:97 beta version? I confess I do not really know the intricacies of grub. I have accessed the file etc / but he cannot find the file / etc / default / grub / I have a line of sh command prompt: grub> and the CD command is not accepted? So I think after trying this solution you will be able to get rid of from this issue.

SORRY I really managed to access the final what you've proposed (bp was a keyboard that was put in Cell) / So I can see the line BEGIN - os-prober windows but these are conditional lines below (if key status), there's no particular name in windows Can you just let me know if I need to copy the file in the GRUB Ligen-DEFAULT? Thank you in advance!

I do not understand where you are too. During the boot have you tried pressing SHIFT or SHIFT to make up the menu and then navigate the menu to choose anything other than memtest? So if you tell me this all situation in a better way so I will try to help you a in a enhanced way. So please do this as soon as possible for you.