Thread: Toshiba Satellite: how to install windows XP with recovery disk

Toshiba Satellite: how to install windows XP with recovery disk

I have a Toshiba’s Satellite Pro S300-10J laptop, just few days days I encountered about the corruption of my operating system, which was Windows XP. Before that I create the recovery disk of windows XP. So I don’t worry after the crashing, I can easily recover the windows environment. I attempt to recover the operating system by the recovery disk which I created, but during this process I encountered a problem regarding the installation, I can begin with the first disk but while I insert the second recovery disk it starts with some unpacking software images. And after a few while it stops the recovery process and pop up message which contains to remove the recovery medium! Instantly I removed the disk and tried once more for the same operation, but still not able to recover the operating system. Is there anyone having any solution for this problem? Any information will be thankful for me.
    Last edited by Mettalica; 23-11-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Re: Windows XP: how to install with recovery disk

You can able to install the recovery console in your machine with the recovery disk if you made this earlier, during the installation you have to reboot the machine more than one time. I think you did not do this, because I also the same experience and found that I did this wrong thing. During the start up you select the recovery console option, from the list of operating systems. Insert the recovery or the original disk of windows XP and open the folder by type and insert the following path of a folder “c:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons” in RUN command prompt, it will situated in the primary folder of window. The window set up will open after insert the path, locate the windows recovery option, click on that and select the YES/ OK. This will easily recover the window version that you are using.

Re: Windows XP: how to install with recovery disk

This is extra information regarding the topic that you mentioned in your post. The format of drive is can be enable or disable also you can able to do the same thing for read and write data in the primary drive and in the NTFS file system. By the console of windows you can do all administrative takes in your window. By the using of console disk of your windows you can able to repair the window version, the problem that you mention is also resolve by repair the window. The recovery console is also use to change the settings of administrative account in your machine.

Re: Toshiba Satellite: how to install windows XP with recovery disk

Insert the fresh disk or the recovery disk of your windows version and restart the machine, select the appropriate option to start the window if you have any prompt for this. After the welcome screen will appears press “R” which is for prompting the recovery option of the window. If you are having multi-boot or dual-boot in your machine, then during the start up of recovery option all the operating system’s will appear in a list, where you have to select the environment which one you are trying to recover and click on OK, to begin the recovery process you need to enter the administrative password, type the command for repair the machine and diagnose the windows XP and hit on enter. Type exit and insert it into the command prompt to come out from recovery console.

Re: Toshiba Satellite: how to install windows XP with recovery disk

I have a step by step process to install the windows XP with the help of console recovery disk. For that you need a bootable disk for windows XP. By format the drive where you are willing to install the windows XP, for the future you will need to install the appropriate software applications and the drivers which you used earlier, so before going to recover the windows version go to download them and stored then in a external disk for the future use. Now insert the console disk into your CD/DVD ROM drive and proceed to the recovery window by pressing the appropriate key in your keyboard. By simply following the screen instruction to do the operation you can easily install the fresh windows XP in your machine, and then install the software’s and the driver into the machine.