| || |
Join Date: Nov 2009
Re: How to install Windows XP on Acer Aspire One Laptop
You can remove the Linux operating system from your system follow this steps. This will help you.
- Start your computer with the Linux setup floppy disk, type fdisk at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. The only thing you have to keep in your kid that for help using the fdisk tool, type m at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
- Type p at the command prompt, and then press ENTER to display partition information. The first item listed is hard disk 1, partition 1 information, and the second item listed is hard disk 1, partition 2 information.
- Type d at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. You are then prompted for the partition number you want to delete. Type 1, and then press ENTER to delete partition number 1. Repeat this step until all the partitions have been deleted.
- Type w, and then press ENTER to write this information to the partition table. Some error messages may be generated as information is written to the partition table, but they should not be significant at this point because the next step is to restart the computer and then install the new operating system.
- Type q at the command prompt, and then press ENTER to quit the fdisk tool.
- Insert either a bootable floppy disk or a bootable CD-ROM for the Windows operating system on your computer, and then press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart your computer.