Thread: Vista: Windows Explorer close frequently in start up

Vista: Windows Explorer close frequently in start up

I am having a Compaq Presario Laptop compatible with the Windows vista. Using all updated version in the laptop. The problem is with the windows explore, while I open the window it shows that the windows explore has stopped working. It happens every time while I attempt to open the window. Sometimes some applications are closed suddenly during the execution, shows the error message that the windows explore is closed the program. It also happens while accessing the internet service into my laptop. What should I do, any input will helpful for me.

Re: Vista: Windows Explorer close frequently in start up

Regarding the problem in the start up of the machine I suggest you to start the machine in the safe mode, I think there is something which is mixing with the CPU processes. Scan the whole computer with the latest update of the Antivirus software it will. Definitely detect you the causes of the error with windows explore. Also recommend you to disable the entire program those are not using for the task that you done in your machine. Type the msconfig in the search box and hit on enter, it will open the Start-up tab of the windows. Select the program those you are not willing to start while the machine is in the start-up process. Then reboot the machine, I hope after that you problem will be vanish.

I suggest o go through the User Account Control (UAC), it might be help you to overcome form the problem. It offers the prevention of any unauthorized faults in the machine. This task is requires the administrative right to do the operation. I recommend you to turn off the User Account Control of your window from the control panel. Go to the Open user Account, click on the turn off option of the User Account Control, for the confirmation insert the administrator password. Select the User Account Control (UAC) protection help from the check box and then turn on the UAC. I think this will overcome the problem.

Recently bought Compaq Notebook with the windows Vista. Having the similar issue with the Windows explore, any time while I attempt to open any file in the in the machine it will show up the message that the explorer is closed working. This problem is also happens while I try to open any zip file in the laptop, no matter what type of the unzipped which is I am using. So according to that I am sure there is no problem with the unzipped software. The other program are stopped responding in between the execution of the process. The windows will ask me to close the program forcefully. Any idea on this problem? How to overcome from this problem?

A couple of suggestions that might help is to take a close look on the security software that there isn't anything that prevent Explorer from running.
    Another helpful thing can be to run the command sfc /scannow to check all systemfiles on the machine so nothing is damaged or corrupt.
    Depending on how long this Windows has been used there's nothing that can assure that the registry never fail and it can happen even on new installed machines and there is not so much to do about it more than make backups.

There is a couple of software that perhaps can help it up a bit to start with.
    Ccleaner from Piriform and MalwareBytes they can be found and used from Live CD as well.
    Look for Hiren's Boot CD
    Last edited by 3Bdot; 15-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Be remembering that the problem that you mentioned in your post is might be occur during the operation of CTRL+ALT+DEL. If found so then follow the simple process, hope this will help you to solve the problem. Go to the application tab under the task manager and then proceed to the new task option. A new task window will appear I the screen type iexplore.exe and click on OK . restart the machine, this is required after completion of the process then open the window in normal mode. This time definitely start without any problem on explorer. Make sure that the task which is newly created by you is running on the background of the window.

maybe you should do some registry clean at first, some faults always caused by registry. i've faced a similar situation before, and i tried tuneup360, which helped to solve that problem.