Thread: How to install Windows XP on Acer Aspire One Laptop

How to install Windows XP on Acer Aspire One Laptop

I have brought Acer Aspire One laptop. In the Acer Aspire One the Linpus Linux Lite Operating System install, I have used that operating system but I wanted to change the operating system from Linpus Linux Lite to Windows XP. I am not aware of doing this, does anyone has done the changes of the operating system from their system. Please help me.

Re: How to install Windows XP on Acer Aspire One Laptop

Yes, this is possible to change the operating from Linpus Linux Lite to Windows XP. The only thing you have to do is just go for the uninstallation of the Linpus Linux Lite from your system and then install the Windows XP on your system. This is not a difficult job of changing the operating system from your Acer Aspire One laptop. I hope you will be able to this try the process I have told to you.

You can remove the Linux operating system from your system follow this steps. This will help you.
    • Start your computer with the Linux setup floppy disk, type fdisk at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. The only thing you have to keep in your kid that for help using the fdisk tool, type m at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
    • Type p at the command prompt, and then press ENTER to display partition information. The first item listed is hard disk 1, partition 1 information, and the second item listed is hard disk 1, partition 2 information.
    • Type d at the command prompt, and then press ENTER. You are then prompted for the partition number you want to delete. Type 1, and then press ENTER to delete partition number 1. Repeat this step until all the partitions have been deleted.
    • Type w, and then press ENTER to write this information to the partition table. Some error messages may be generated as information is written to the partition table, but they should not be significant at this point because the next step is to restart the computer and then install the new operating system.
    • Type q at the command prompt, and then press ENTER to quit the fdisk tool.
    • Insert either a bootable floppy disk or a bootable CD-ROM for the Windows operating system on your computer, and then press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to restart your computer.

Thanks for your reply. I am unable to install the windows from the drive I want to install it from the flash drive. I only have the flash drive with me and I have windows XP step files installed in my flash drive. I want the step to install the windows XP from my flash drive. Do anyone have done the installation process by the flash on your system. If anyone has done this please help me to install the windows XP on my system. Any reply related to this will be appreciated.

Here are the steps to install Windows XP Operating System from the Flash drive first do the format your flash drive.
    1. Get the flash drive space of 4 GB.
    2. Attach it to your system.
    3. Run the command prompt
    4. Give the number to flash drive by entering
      • diskpart
      • list disk
      • as disk number one
    5. Format the flash drive by entering
      • choose disk number one
      • remove
      • produce a primary partition
      • select partition one
      • Run
      • format as NTFS
      • assign
      • Exit
    6. Copy the Image or Boot file in flash Drive
    7. Now your flash drive is Bootable
    8. Come out from command prompt
    9. Restart the system, and enter in BIOS by pressing Function10 at the start-up
    10. choose the boot device as the flash Drive
    11. Install Windows XP operating system